Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi 2019/2020

villalad21

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So barca have played their hand, they're in the shit because messi gets paid too much and he gets paid too much because he has too much power over them

It doesn't shift the blame, he didn't offer himself that contract... And it's still only a portion of their financial woe 

Messi's wages or signing greizmann, dembele and coutinho? Which has put them more in the shit? 

Didn’t they kick up such a fuss in the summer to stop him moving on? I agree on the contract offer - if offered why wouldn’t Messi sign it!?!

Also, the three signings you’ve mentioned (amongst quite a few others) really haven’t been value for money either and they’ve never found a successor to LM. 

IIRC Barca were in a similar situation in the early 2000s with a bloated squad of overpaid and over age players.

Fortunately they had the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta come through the ranks (along with Pep taking over the reigns in 2007?) but do not see something like that happening again. 

they are properly in the brown stuff financially. 

36 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Didn’t they kick up such a fuss in the summer to stop him moving on? I agree on the contract offer - if offered why wouldn’t Messi sign it!?!

Also, the three signings you’ve mentioned (amongst quite a few others) really haven’t been value for money either and they’ve never found a successor to LM. 

IIRC Barca were in a similar situation in the early 2000s with a bloated squad of overpaid and over age players.

Fortunately they had the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta come through the ranks (along with Pep taking over the reigns in 2007?) but do not see something like that happening again. 

Peps clear out at barca is underrated, too easy to say he inherited a world class squad

El Mundo ran a sub headline to the effect of don't blame messi blame the £100m signings who can't sell a sock 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Obviously Messi’s money from the likes of Adidas, Pepsi, EA sports and all the others is on top of the half a billion from Barcelona. 

Forbes have him as $92m in wages and $34m in endorsements last year

Ronaldo $117m total and neymar on $94m

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If the contract leaked is true, and it seems to be then Messi’s numbers are about $70m too low. 
€138m = $167.5m from Barcelona

Plus the endorsements it clears $200m a year. 

Edited by Genie

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ronaldo made $48m from Instagram last year apparently

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Ronaldo made $48m from Instagran last year apparently

He gets about £800k per sponsored tweet too. He’s printing his own money.

He makes more from a single tweet than the average UK salary earner in 25 years.

Edited by Genie

If the report is true then messi secretly signed the biggest contract in sports history by around $70m

The 2nd highest sports contract per year is $70m for canelo by dazn

2nd highest contract in team sports is $500m for mahomes, that's $42m per year, meaning messi gets paid $120m more per year than the 2nd biggest contract?

I don't believe it if I'm honest, it sounds like barca trying to dirty his name before he leaves them and they're properly in the shit 

If the figures are true then the disparity between messi and every other sportsman on the planet is insane, no one even near comparable to him 

Just now, Genie said:

He gets about £800k per sponsored tweet too. He’s printing his own money.

That's why he can survive on the paltry $34m + bonuses he gets from Juve every year.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't believe it if I'm honest, it sounds like barca trying to dirty his name before he leaves them and they're properly in the shit 

It could land Messi in hot water with the tax man too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If the report is true then messi secretly signed the biggest contract in sports history by around $70m

The 2nd highest sports contract per year is $70m for canelo by dazn

2nd highest contract in team sports is $500m for mahomes, that's $42m per year, meaning messi gets paid $120m more per year than the 2nd biggest contract?

If the figures are true then the disparity between messi and every other sportsman on the planet is insane, no one even near comparable to him 

Someone is on about €45m (~$55m) a year as a manager isn’t he? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sne said:

Ronaldo made $48m from Instagram last year apparently

I can't get my head around it. He earns more from a few clicks on his phone than he does from playing football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

They’ve got some great youth players coming through again. Fati, Pedro, Moriba and Trincao are all very highly thought of. 
But yes they need to clear messi out to get these in. 

• Like 1

Â