Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi 2019/2020

villalad21

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

You are right. €8m including the 'voluntary' €5m correction payment

Yeah, I remember he paid back some money but still tried to claim he was innocent.

I wonder if this leak has dropped him in it. If he’s not declaring the full €138m a year from Barcelona the tax man will be all over him like a rash again.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hasn't Messi already done this?

looks like he did, re-read the BBC report and it said the 1st player to score 20 league goals in last 12 seasons, which is actually a bit of a pointless stat  now when Messi next goal will take him to 13 seasons in a row :D 

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1st time since 2005/06 that Messi or Ronaldo wont feature from the quarter final stage. It does feel like an end of an era 

Playing for the wrong clubs thats all. I think La Liga and Seria a have gone downhill in the last few years. 

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Playing for the wrong clubs thats all. I think La Liga and Seria a have gone downhill in the last few years. 

In the last 10 years La Liga have won 12 of the 20  European trophies available by 4 different clubs, hard to say gone downhill

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In the last 10 years La Liga have won 12 of the 20  European trophies available by 4 different clubs, hard to say gone downhill

La Liga will get back to where it was but Seria a will struggle to. its a really poor league now. 

when you consider juve spunked all that money on ronaldo in order to chase the CL

agree about barca though, mess of a club so its not much of a surprise, you could angle some sort of argument that both players are crippling the club financially and as a result they cant build a squad capable of competing in the CL but i dont think thats necessarily true and PSG have a poor unbalanced squad and still do ok in it

was last night the most ronaldo goal messi has ever scored? feels like for all his goals and all his incredible technique im struggling to remember many thunderbastards...if ronaldo scored that you'd shrug it off and say cristiano innit but i rewatched last nights several times thinking it was incredible

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

when you consider juve spunked all that money on ronaldo in order to chase the CL

agree about barca though, mess of a club so its not much of a surprise, you could angle some sort of argument that both players are crippling the club financially and as a result they cant build a squad capable of competing in the CL but i dont think thats necessarily true and PSG have a poor unbalanced squad and still do ok in it

was last night the most ronaldo goal messi has ever scored? feels like for all his goals and all his incredible technique im struggling to remember many thunderbastards...if ronaldo scored that you'd shrug it off and say cristiano innit but i rewatched last nights several times thinking it was incredible

Do you reckon Juve and Barca still make a profit out of those two through merchandise and marketing etc?  They do earn a shitload obviously but I find it hard to put a figure on just what probably the two best footballers of all time are worth.  I guess it's more the inflation it causes on the rest of the squad, they won't get anywhere near as much but the other star players would use it to get a bit more themselves.

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

La Liga will get back to where it was but Seria a will struggle to. its a really poor league now. 

Wouldn’t say its poor, they are becoming more attacking will take time. Rather watch Atalanta or Lazio play than Chelsea or United

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Wouldn’t say its poor, they are becoming more attacking will take time. Rather watch Atalanta or Lazio play than Chelsea or United

The fact that its highly likely that there will be not one representative in the last 8 of the champions league shows where the league is really.

37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Do you reckon Juve and Barca still make a profit out of those two through merchandise and marketing etc?  They do earn a shitload obviously but I find it hard to put a figure on just what probably the two best footballers of all time are worth.  I guess it's more the inflation it causes on the rest of the squad, they won't get anywhere near as much but the other star players would use it to get a bit more themselves.

Dunno

PSG or City if they go for messi in the summer then I would imagine the answer is yes because of fan growth but barca in particular must have peaked by now 

Maybe also interesting that after they signed Ronaldo juve decided to pull away from the branding rights on things like FM and fifa which must be a money spinner (with others also trying to copy them) 

Its a mirky world, look how much utd are paying for pogbas Instagram account

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The fact that its highly likely that there will be not one representative in the last 8 of the champions league shows where the league is really.

Italy is one of the hardest hit countries in the world from Covid and Italian football and footballers are also part of that. 

Judging leagues by one or even a couple of seasons will always be flawed. Last season the PL and the Serie A had 1 club each in the quarter finals while the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 had 2 clubs each in the Semi finals.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Italy is one of the hardest hit countries in the world from Covid and Italian football and footballers are also part of that. 

Judging leagues by one or even a couple of seasons will always be flawed. Last season the PL and the Serie A had 1 club each in the quarter finals while the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 had 2 clubs each in the Semi finals.

Yes we have been even harder hit to be fair. Maybe but 10 years is too long as well. Ronaldo has been a very expensive waste. I know he has scored loads of goals but they signed him to deliver the champions league. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes we have been even harder hit to be fair. Maybe but 10 years is too long as well. Ronaldo has been a very expensive waste. I know he has scored loads of goals but they signed him to deliver the champions league. 

Yeah Juve have a rather horrible wage bill and a less than ideal age structure in their squad. Some very talented young players but also a whole lot of old ones on massive contracts.

They've been great at signing old players on a "free" over the years but the contract have been huge.

54 minutes ago, sne said:

United is only the 2nd English to play a home game at home and not a neutral venue

• Confused 1

Pele congratulates Ronaldo on going past his official goal tally, i bet Pele is scrolling through the achives to find more of them goals he claimed he scored fpr his 1000 or so 😂

On 11/03/2021 at 17:14, PaulC said:

The problem is that Juventus aren't the only club spending big money to win the Champions League.  You can do very well domestically just by having the biggest budget,  ranking clubs by wage bills is generally a pretty accurate way to predict the league table (it's certainly better than ranking clubs by "net spend" in transfer fees over the past three or five seasons) but once you reach the latter stages of the Champions League not only are you up against a bunch of clubs who are good dark horses like Porto or Ajax or Atalanta but you meet the the other footballing superpowers.  Yes Juventus paid €100m for Ronaldo and they are paying him an absolute fortune, but they are competing with PSG, Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid. Bayern, Liverpool and all these other clubs who have as much money as Juve do. 

Â