Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

What more does he need to do to get recalled to the national team?

Get better ratings on Fifa. Only a 79 this year.  Guimares is 84 Joelinton 82 and Paqueta 81. 

Disgrace

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

First player to score five in a row in 27 years and he's not even a forward.

In terms of people that play in his position in this league - I think there's only Rodri that can claim to be better, and that's arguable - I wouldn't swap him for either of Chelsea's two and you'd have to work very hard to persuade me to swap him for Rice.

He's heading up toward making 200 appearances for us and if we can keep developing, he could end up becoming a legend at this club.

No chance I'd swap him for Rice tbf

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

FIFA ratings are mostly based on reputation and who plays for which club. It's a joke.

One that sticks in my mind is Louis Saha moving from Fulham to Man Utd years ago. Magically jumped about 8 OVR points. Pathetic.

Dougie is just different gravy. Get him building those Brazil caps now.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Going to be controversial but since we got promoted he has been our best player. Mings, Konsa, Emi and biscuit shins have all had good spells but Luiz since that Covid break has been a model of consistency and is getting better. He probably hasnt even hit his peak yet and has overcome the not being 6 foot 5 that some fans think a midfielder should be. I remember some on here laughing when I said he was better than Phillips and Bissouma

Is this even controversial?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Luiz 15m we paid for him

He must be easy 60m minimum in value and still jas best years ahead of him

with the prices now he is worth way more than 60million. He is better than Rice, Mount and Caicedo who all went for over that in the summer

3 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Do we really care ? I get from his personal and professional point of view, he will be hoping - but from our point of view I really don’t care 👍🏻

Do we really want him to fly to South America play two matches, and then fly back, with the fixture congestion we have?

For us it is fantastic if he stays here, and gets fresh and ready for our games after the international break.

But based on his performance on the pitch it is unbelievable that he haven’t been recalled.

Â