Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still think he’s staying. Probably only one that thinks this. 

Must be the world's slowest offering of a contract deal by us then if that's the case! Purslow obviously realises he has a year left I assume.

Unless he's on some mega round the world holiday with Alisha he must be back in the country now given the season ended nearly a month ago so the only hold up to me is he's told the club he isn't interested in new deal otherwise we'd have offered him something months back given Emi and Cash both signed new deals in last six months.

He's off but probably a case of waiting until european pre seasons start and we start getting some offers so mid July.

It will be similar to Targett I reckon. We'll sell him for what we paid for him and at least in the three years he helped keep us up and stabilise us as mid table prem team so there's the value right there.

Think he'll do well in a slower league where he's correctly positioned infront of back 4 to act as metronome and circulate the ball.

Edited by VillaChris

He's on the merry-go-round of really good players we have at the club that VillaTalk decide we need to ship out for whatever the best offer is. 

There's a reason Cash is being realistically touted to Atletico and Luiz to Roma. Because they're good players. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He's on the merry-go-round of really good players we have at the club that VillaTalk decide we need to ship out for whatever the best offer is. 

There's a reason Cash is being realistically touted to Atletico and Luiz to Roma. Because they're good players. 

As much as I admire Cash, he's far from the finished article. Not even a guaranteed starter for Poland is he?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from the polarisation, I think the MAIN reason people might want to ship him out is because it appears he has no intention of signing a new contract and we don't want him to leave on a FREE?

Much less to do with his " ability " IMO.

Tbf there's plenty that don't rate him as well.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from the polarisation, I think the MAIN reason people might want to ship him out is because it appears he has no intention of signing a new contract and we don't want him to leave on a FREE?

I think it's a sensible time to get rid of he's not going to sign a new contract and if that's the reason you or anyone else wants him gone then that's fine. 

I'm having a go at people who reckon he's not good enough for Villa.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is where I'm at^

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf there's plenty that don't rate him as well.

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think it's a sensible time to get rid of he's not going to sign a new contract and if that's the reason you or anyone else wants him gone then that's fine. 

I'm having a go at people who reckon he's not good enough for Villa.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is where I'm at^

Lads, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the board have always accepted the lad has ability in abundance.

Also, where the vast majority " don't rate him " is as a 6, where it also seems he doesn't necessarily rate himself either.

As we all know, he's a totally different player as an 8.

Unfortunately, it seems he's played as a 6 for most of his time here. ( Combo of necessity and circumstance )

It's a shame we haven't gotten to see him in a better, more settled side, with a solid defensive and midfield spine to allow him more freedom.

Him, and certain fans might have just grown fed up and decided it's time to part ways as it might have gone a bit " stale ".

And yeah as commented, if he no longer wants to be here then what can we do?

I did a post the other day saying that, if he refuses to sign a new contract, but also simply wants to run it down instead of leaving, I just hope he gives everything for the remainder.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Last comments from Gerrard was that we havent offered him a new deal or have shelved talks.

Maybe Luiz wants to stay but as we arent offering him a deal then what can we do

The comments did also suggest we had offered him one previously though. He wants to play further forward, so if he's been holding out, I suspect it's more for football reasons than the money.

If we've decided there's no room for him further up the pitch maybe we're happy to let him run down playing a 6 role for us.  Lots of possibilities really.

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lads, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the board have always accepted the lad has ability in abundance.

Also, where the vast majority " don't rate him " is as a 6, where it also seems he doesn't necessarily rate himself either.

As we all know, he's a totally different player as an 8.

Unfortunately, it seems he's played as a 6 for most of his time here. ( Combo of necessity and circumstance )

It's a shame we haven't gotten to see him in a better, more settled side, with a solid defensive and midfield spine to allow him more freedom.

Him, and certain fans might have just grown fed up and decided it's time to part ways as it might have gone a bit " stale ".

And yeah as commented, if he no longer wants to be here then what can we do?

I did a post the other day saying that, if he refuses to sign a new contract, but also simply wants to run it down instead of leaving, I just hope he gives everything for the remainder.

You're preaching to the choir regarding his ability. But there are definitely a few on here who don't rate him full stop.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

You're preaching to the choir regarding his ability. But there are definitely a few on here who don't rate him full stop.

That's fair enough but I think he is right most people, myself included only want him sold if he won't sign a new deal on decent terms.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

It's more common for players to run down their contracts these days. I've no issues having him one more year and him potentially leaving on a free.

You’re right this is now pretty common but it’s a problem for clubs, particularly lower down the tree. It takes money out of the game and gives it to already extremely rich players. Ok in this particular case in the big picture it’s more of an annoyance, although it doesn’t help with FFP. However for clubs that have a business model to grow, or even survive, using player sales, it’s a rapidly growing problem. 

Â