Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He wasn't in the squad for the first leg (Levante won 3-1 away). Anyone know why?

Second leg tonight.

On 05/06/2023 at 01:28, Hornso said:

Wesley (Levante UD) [Segunda Division]
Away at Albacete [Playoff Semi-Final 1st Leg] (1-3) - Not in the squad (illness).
2nd leg to be played on Wednesday night.

Got a question about a player on loan? Just ask Hornso. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Played the last 30 minutes, got an assist.

Hopefully they go up and sign him permanently 

Wesley to Roberto Soldado. What a pairing.

Hoping he gets some minutes in the final.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

As shit as some people think Wesley is, I would have loved for him to have not had his career **** by Ben Mee and to see how he improved under Emery.

I'm certain Emery will be aware of him and watched enough of his performances in the last 2 years to decide if he wants him back this summer.

He's not good enough IMO.

10 minutes ago, May-Z said:

He actually looks pretty fit and lean with a bit of pace in that video. 

Took a lovely touch to set up a snapshot in the highlights from the last league game of the season.

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm certain Emery will be aware of him and watched enough of his performances in the last 2 years to decide if he wants him back this summer.

He's not good enough IMO.

He did say if Ben Mee hadn't have wrecked him.

Wes to be recalled and break Haaland's record next season.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would have loved for him to have not had his career **** by Ben Mee

Did anyone hear Ben Mee on 5Live mention this incident has blighted his career in respect to the abuse he has received ever since?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Did anyone hear Ben Mee on 5Live mention this incident has blighted his career in respect to the abuse he has received ever since?

No? When was this?

12 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Shame.

If it was the first time he scissor tackled a player like that you might want to forgive him for making a rash challenge. But he has done it before and, unfortunately for us, he has managed to pretty much halt the career of a decent prospect.

• Like 1

Searching for that 5 Live Ben Mee chat I did come across this, not seen it before

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/2021/09/15/aston-villa-striker-wesley-ben-mee-flew-at-my-legs-like-a-madman/

Wesley told Flemish paper Het Nieuwsblad: “It wasn’t an accident. If you look at the footage, you’ll see that he was after my legs. He flew in like a madman.

"But for me that is now a thing of the past. He never apologised. It could have been the end of my career, but it doesn’t matter to me any more. I can’t keep worrying about him or the past. I have to take care of myself and focus on the now.”

Wesley, who was Villa’s then record signing when he arrived in a £21million move from Club Brugge in 2019, has made just four substitute appearances for the club since returning to fitness. He returned to Brugge on a season-long loan last month and is focused on rebuilding his career.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Here's the assist

He does really well to shirk off the defenders but then demonstrates his lack of coaching/killer instinct when he stops and watches Soldado.

Surely you want him to carry on following up with the play incase the keeper parries the shot away? 

• Like 3

Just now, Wezbid said:

He does really well to shirk off the defenders but then demonstrates his lack of coaching/killer instinct when he stops and watches Soldado.

Surely you want him to carry on following up with the play incase the keeper parries the shot away?

I thought exactly the same when I watched it again tbf.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I thought exactly the same when I watched it again tbf.

Probably being overly critical with the two legs pretty much already decided at that stage but the top players will always want more. 

I used to get told off for "admiring your pass"/stopping in kids level football. It was just a bit jarring to see it at a pro level. 

• Like 2

Â