Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Mitrovic would be so much better, can do the target man stuff but works very hard, offers front foot aggression and gets into good positions.

He would cost in the 20m range bot would be well worth it.If we played 442 maybe he could teach Wesley how to be a striker as well ?!

Before this season Mitrovic had never scored more than 12 goals in a season, he's only ever gotten into double figures during two seasons in his career and two of those seasons have been in the championship. Also no chance whatsoever that Fulham would sell him, and very unlikely that he'd even want to leave them for us when there's a chance we could be swapping divisions at the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Before this season Mitrovic had never scored more than 12 goals in a season, he's only ever gotten into double figures during two seasons in his career and two of those seasons have been in the championship. Also no chance whatsoever that Fulham would sell him, and very unlikely that he'd even want to leave them for us when there's a chance we could be swapping divisions at the end of the season.

So obviously in both of his seasons at Anderlect he scored more than 12 goals a season. His first 12 goal haul in England was in his first (half) a season at Fulham where he scored 12 goals in 17 games. You're misrepresenting the data.

In his two seasons in Belgium he scored thirteen and fourteen goals, in his first season with fulham he scored twelve goals in seventeen games but only scored once for Newcastle in the premier league that season before leaving for Fulham. He's scored 21 goals in 77 premier league appearances, which I guess averages to about ten goals a season, if he carried on that form he'd score around five goals for us between now and the end of the season. I wouldn't actually mind if we signed him, just don't think he'd be as amazing as some seem to think, don't think it will happen though as can't see Fulham selling him, not sure if he would be keen on joining a club with what looks like a very good chance of going down.

19 hours ago, Genie said:

You think there is a premier league first team player signed in 2019 for £22m that is on just £20k per week 😮

Wesley was on £7k a week in Belgium I think its far to say he'll be on around £20k a week if that tbh. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a chance unless he has the most naive agent in the world

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No.

You don't seem to grasp our wage structure, Heaton and Henri are our only 2 players on over £40k then a whole bunch including Jack, Kodj, Targett  on £30k+ Wesley is not in that group.

Said it before, I'll say it again. We don't even need an out and out goal getter. We need a proper target man who can hold up ball and bring others into play, while being a threat from high balls into box.

This isn't just rose tinted specs, but the best value for money who has all of those attributes but has gone goal shy is Benteke. Genuinely think he could be available for around £10 million. Even if he doesn't score he holds up and links play well and is always a threat in the air 

In our current predicament and budget and with palace well out of the relegation scrap we won't find a better option in January

9 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

You don't seem to grasp our wage structure, Heaton and Henri are our only 2 players on over £40k then a whole bunch including Jack, Kodj, Targett  on £30k+ Wesley is not in that group.

Pretty sure Jack is our highest paid player, have heard 65k a week, Mings certainly not far behind plus McGinn got a new deal to bring to about 50k. Elmo,Taylor and Chester are probably on around 35-40k as well knowing the management that signed them

11 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

This isn't just rose tinted specs, but the best value for money who has all of those attributes but has gone goal shy is Benteke. Genuinely think he could be available for around £10 million. Even if he doesn't score he holds up and links play well and is always a threat in the air 

Just listening to Damien Delaney who played with him at Palace. Said all Christian is good at is if you sent him crosses, asked about his hold up play he said was non existent 

The Benteke we knew is gone

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not a chance unless he has the most naive agent in the world

The board made it a point, even from Purslow himself, "lower ages and lower wages". It shows how mad the game is when we are scoffing at a 22/23 year old going from being on 7k per week to "only 20k per week". This will be why we have signed players from "lesser leagues" as well.

On another note I just thought, he reminds me of one of those big, awkward naturally strong lumps I used to play street football with in Jamaica. 

Had all the raw physical attributes to become a beast at football (yes I'm racist) with great coaching, discipline and application, or a security guard, steel worker, bouncer etc. Lol

Must admit even as a defender of his seeing the balls just bounce off him the other day made me think "mate, not doing yourself any favours with your critics here". 😂

Sad because you can tell the poor bastard tries.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

I bring a friend to watch Villa games sometimes for a neutral opinion (im not cruel he supports Milan) 

He says everytime he sees Wesley he is like a scared cat, a man that size needs some aggression into him. Terry was a dirty defender when needed, he should be at training everyday trying wind him up to unleash this. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I bring a friend to watch Villa games sometimes for a neutral opinion (im not cruel he supports Milan) 

He says everytime he sees Wesley he is like a scared cat, a man that size needs some aggression into him. Terry was a dirty defender when needed, he should be at training everyday trying wind him up to unleash this. 

I've actually said before, even his mannerisms away from the pitch, sometimes he comes off as shy or even timid at times. Like a big kid. He needs more self confidence, it would do him a world of good, which is why i don't think him being slaughtered is helpful.

I'm sure we all know a gentle giant we wish wasn't such a p*$$y at times.

Hodor!!!!!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I think the criticism shows how bad he has been. 

This guy should be a cult hero. A background story every one can feel for and get behind him for. Record signing, brazilian international, built like a brick shit house. Ticks so many boxes to be the new Carew type loved figure. 

But then his play, his weakness, the excuses from others. It all stops it. 

I really can't predict what he will be for us over the next few years. 

Â