E3 2019

villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

did remind me of an annual E3 wish that never comes true - vagrant story remaster

still think if that game was called final fantasy something people would go nuts over it

Yeah, a bit like Xenogears in that regard, which is arguably better than all of the ps1 era FF games. It's very different though, other than being a JRPG, so perhaps understandable. 

Would love to see a revival of them, as well as Parasite Eve, Suikoden, Dino Crisis... 

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Banjo in Smash, I can die a happy man.

Baffles me that there isn't another Banjo game being made. First one is one of my (and loads of others I assume) favourites of all time

• Like 1

Just now, villarule123 said:

Baffles me that there isn't another Banjo game being made. First one is one of my (and loads of others I assume) favourites of all time

Yup, I've stopped being in denial...the first game is my favorite game of all time.

I still think there's going to be a new game though, feels that way.

Nothing about new switch devices, no Skyward Sword HD, Metroid Prime 4 or Trilogy, Fire Emblem etc...

But most of all, no Zelda TP/WW HD ports makes me a sad panda 😪

On the plus side, Witcher, FF8, Astral Chain, Links Awakening, BotW2, Luigis Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, DQXI and Builders 2, Pokemon, Crystal Chronicles, Mana Collection, Last Remnant etc... plenty to get on with there and I've forgot more.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't TP and WW get HD ports on the Wii U? We gonna have new ones for each console now?

Yes please so I can sell my Wii U and save space. Hell, I'd take eshop versions at this rate. Plus a whole load more people have bought the switch over the Wii U so a whole new audience for these games. 

• Like 1

Good Nintendo showing. Nothing earth shattering really, beyond an early confirmation of a Breath of the Wild follow up, which is no doubt a very long way off (unless it's a Majora's Mask style spin off 'gaiden' title). And Panzer Dragoon I guess, but that series is the definition of niche.

But all in all, solid. I'm not sure I'm on board with the Links Awakening art style yet but the game is one of the best in the series so undoubtedly will be excellent. Switch has got a decent year ahead.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and star wars fallen order after years of waiting for this star wars game looks utter shite, the character models, the gameplay, just about everything (forest whittakers horrific over acting TBC) looks bad

This is a weird one for me. 

In some respects it looks quite good. The stormtroopers and effects look nice, the combat seems like it might have a little depth to it, and I think the fundamental concept is something that, for whatever reason, nobody has done work Star Wars for ages, the third person action game. The last time was the Force Unleashed games a decade back and they were fairly middling efforts.

Oh the other hand, the character models besides the troopers look shit, the main character actor looks bizarrely miscast, the graphics have this weird soft tone hazy thing going on, and the gameplay looks really, really by the numbers. I don't know whether they picked a poor level to show the game but nothing there got my pulse racing, it looked kinda tired and more than a bit dull when it was doing the cookie cutter Uncharted thing. It looks looked like what you'd get if you programmed a computer to spit out a generic third person game with a Star Wars skin. There was very little innovative, or exciting, or really new in any way.

I hope it's just a combination of slightly unfinished assets and a poor choice of early level, because I'd be up for a Star Wars adventure. I like a lot of third person actioners and they, done well, really shine. But done less than well they always come off as tired.

Â