E3 2019

villa4europe

While I'm at it I'll post my predictions for Microsoft that were written about a week ago;

Spoiler

Microsoft E3 Prediction 2019;

(In no particular order of appearance)

Xbox Game Studios;

- Ori 2 (Gameplay Trailer/Q3 2019)
- Bleeding Edge (Ninja Theory New IP/Reveal Trailer/Q4 2020)
- Halo Infinite (Trailer/Q4 2020)
- Gears 5 (Stage Demo/Multiplayer Showcase/September 2019)
- Gears Tactics (Gameplay Trailer/Q3 2019)
- Age of Empires 4 (Gameplay Trailer/2020)
- Fable (Tease/Next-Gen 2021)
- Sea of Thieves (Expansion Trailer)
- Battletoads (Gameplay Trailer/Q4 2019)
- Forza Horizon 4 (Expansion Trailer)
- Forza Motorsport 8 (Tease/Q4 2020)
- Project xCloud (Info Dump/Test Dates)
- Xbox Lockhart/Anaconda (Xbox One X Style Reveal/Specs)
- Game Pass PC + Game Pass Xbox Update (Info Dump/Sizzle Reel Trailer)

Third Party;

- Marvel Avengers (CG Trailer/2020)
- Great Rune (CG Trailer/Q1 2020)
- Dead Rising 5 (Gameplay Trailer/Q4 2020)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Gameplay Trailer/Q3 2019)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (Gameplay Trailer/Q1 2020)
- The Outer Worlds (Gameplay Trailer/August 2019)

Other Announcements;

- Purchase of IO Interactive, Relic Entertainment and Bluepoint Games
- Showing the revamped Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Bandai Namco news - Tales of Arise (man those names are getting worse) Ni No Kuni remaster plus Elden Ring (GRR Martin x From Software game) leaked via...their own website. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hogso said:

Bandai Namco news - Tales of Arise (man those names are getting worse) Ni No Kuni remaster plus Elden Ring (GRR Martin x From Software game) leaked via...their own website. 

Their security gets worse and worse every year.

Interesting that Great Rune was just a working title for Elden Ring though. I think I definitely prefer the name Elden Ring, but every time I heard about Great Rune it sounded like they were sticking with that as the name. 

I feel bad for Bandai Namco though as their E3 is over before it began. I also feel bad for Microsoft as most if not all of these were likely set to be third party surprises tomorrow.  

5 minutes from starting! Every year I know it's going to disappoint and I refuse to get my hopes up and then every year I get excited minutes before it begins!

Does Apex Legends need 30 minutes at e3? I have no idea what they are talking about at all. A rhino gun got some skins and whoops from the crowd. 

I also hope Greg Miller has to have vocal chord surgery so I never have to hear his obnoxious shouting ever again.

EA really are a bag of liquid plop.

23 hours ago, Chindie said:

Bethesda are going to go in hard on Doom, probably do some grovelling on Fallout 76, announce Skyrim for ZX Spectrum, maybe reveal what the guys behind Evil Within have been up to for the past couple of years. Bethesda is a weird one this year. The tentpole titles aren't going to be shown - Elder Scrolls 6 is years off, Starfield is as well, Dishonored feels like it's race has been run so perhaps Arkane have something new to show... It's an odd one.

I'd be well on board for a new Dishonored, loved the previous two games.

With everyone heading towards their own "Direct" style videos now is there even a need for e3 with this buzzword cringe corporate shill shite once a year anymore? EA have killed all excitement for me this year. They have outdone their own awfulness and that took some doing.

EA are awful

Bethesda just outright lie through it

Sony want no part of it

Nintendo do their own thing now

Does anyone give a crap enough about Squeenix and Ubi these days to warrant a half week conference anymore? I doubt it. My most anticipated bit is Nintendo's separate video which isn't really e3 focused anymore so E3 itself this year is basically just all about Microsoft. Meh. 

Edited by Ingram85

E3 is dying as a tentpole conference event, but it still has a place. Every industry has some form of industry trade show and E3 is still that, fundamentally.

Sony would probably have been there if they had anything to show. Unfortunately the timing means they've not got enough to show that is new to carry an event and aren't ready to show new hardware.

EA's event is always shit. Their business these days isn't in the kind of thing that's going to get pulses racing.

There'll still be a load of announcements made over the next few days.

This is a decent conference so far but I don't think there's anything here yet that would sell me a console, for instance. Microsoft could do with God of War of their own.

Gears... Haven't they just released the same game every time? I played the first 3 and they were fine, but nothing at all more, ultimately just a bit dull. I always found the love for the series completely bizarre.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I kinda thought Cyberpunk would have been pushed back to "next gen". Surprised it's being released before the new consoles.

You'd have to be pretty daft as a dev to aim solely for new consoles until 2-3 years in to their lifespan, it takes ages for them to overtake the old ones in marketshare. The big money is in double-dipping by releasing on the old ones before the next gen releases, then releasing on the newer ones with better graphics post-launch.

Â