E3 2019

villa4europe

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

You'd have to be pretty daft as a dev to aim solely for new consoles until 2-3 years in to their lifespan, it takes ages for them to overtake the old ones in marketshare. The big money is in double-dipping by releasing on the old ones before the next gen releases, then releasing on the newer ones with better graphics post-launch.

Nah didn't think they would wait to only release on next-gen, thought they'd release it with the new consoles to showcase how good it can be. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Nah didn't think they would wait to only release on next-gen, thought they'd release it with the new consoles to showcase how good it can be. 

I think it'll look good enough to blow most people away just on the current gen. GTA on the last console gen is going to be the model to emulate for most games this time around, I think, those **** managed to triple dip once you consider the delayed PC release. 

• Like 1

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person on the internet who couldn't give a shit about Keanu Reeves or his mostly terrible back catalogue of generic action movies. 

• Haha 1

I don't know whether to laugh or despair about Cyperpunk 2077 being up to preorder at £50.

Please, rush to download our digital product that can never sell out, 10 months before release at full RRP.

And people will buy it now, the better part of a year before there are any reviews, well before seeing any real gameplay, it's madness. 

I think the only reveal that's had me excited to play the game is Ori.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They really could have done with showing something more of Elden Ring. As it was it looked like a bad Dark Souls knock off with much worse art design.

I think they really could have done with telling GRRM to sit the **** down and write some **** books. 

There was basically no point to that Halo trailer.

It tells us nothing of the game since it's not out for over a year. It literally just was a reminder its coming.

Completely unsurprised they gave away very little on next gen stuff. We've got a new console coming, which we already knew, and it's more powerful, no shit, and it has an SSD. Cool, but...meh.

Surprised to see so little of their new studio's stuff. The new Fable looked absolutely nailed on, and then... Nothing.

You look at what Sony has done this generation and Microsoft still don't really have much to compete in the same areas. They really don't have a game that competes with God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon, Bloodborne, etc.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think the only reveal that's had me excited to play the game is Ori.

I think they really could have done with telling GRRM to sit the **** down and write some **** books. 

I imagine GRRM spent a maximum of a week on it. Core idea, basic plot, characters, why yes FromSoft that'll be lots of money thank you goodbye.

Bethesda did a very Bethesda conference. 

I thought they might have took the Fallout 76 thing on the chin a bit more, instead they nodded at the disaster and then moved on quickly. Adding a battle royale mode is just, lol.

Ghostwire Tokyo looks like an interesting concept (very Thanos...), and it'll be fun to see Mikami go away from RE4 style stuff again.

Arkane's new thing is... Shrug.

Wolfenstein looks very Wolfenstein.

Doom looks excellent, and apparently plays superbly. My only concern with that is them going more into the lore, which I really don't care about, and I kinda don't like some of the look of it. The more colourful presentation didn't work for me. But it's being spoken about as a game of the show contender so looking forward to it. It apparently takes the idea behind the mechanics of Doom 2016 and doubles down.

Edit - their audience was **** annoying incidentally. They had some guy (hopefully not paid) cheering madly for everything. The usual Elder Scrolls Online update section was a mess with this guy going mental at every minor new thing.

Edited by Chindie

On reflection of the MS conference. I'd give it a 6/10. They are clearly trying to move into a different direction, but I guess games from their recently acquired studios will take a few years to make. As @Chindie said, they still really lack that single player experience game similar to God of War and Horizon etc. I think it's incredibly likely that one of the new studios are making it, possibly the Initiative judging by the personal they have hired.

Some of the indie games looked kinda cool, 12 Minutes in particular, Ori looked amazing (first game is brilliant if you've not played that). 

But just not enough gameplay really. Was hoping they would at least speak about Halo, or the new Slipspace engine. Dunno, got a bad feeling about the next Halo game tbh. Thought they would have had more to show. Guess they're saving it all for the next E3 but some details would have been nice. 

Â