E3 2019

villa4europe

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its felt like the last 2 years have been in-between years for MS, not good enough really. It might all come good in 2020 onwards but what about now?

This whole gen has been a bit of a disaster for them really. It kinda makes sense for them to just let it fizzle out now and go big next gen. 

• Like 1

I dunno if they have got someone developing them a great 1st party game, take out their big 3 games and what have they had exclusive wise in the last 10 years?

sunset overdrive, ori, cuphead, crackdown, Alan wake?

the games have been missing for a long time

But more POWER!!!!!! Games in 8k, some shite about frame rates, no loading screens! Gaming will always be about games, not about being bigger, shinier and faster, at times MS seem to me like an American cliche 

This e3 reminds me of when it died last time before coming back a few years later. Companies are realising that self directed direct videos are cheaper and less cringey.

Why does a crap company like Bethesda get a massive platform like that and spend 80% of it pushing crappy mobile games? Its utter gash.

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Edit - their audience was **** annoying incidentally. They had some guy (hopefully not paid) cheering madly for everything. The usual Elder Scrolls Online update section was a mess with this guy going mental at every minor new thing.

Bethesda last year had seats reserved in sections of the audience likely for Bethesda staff. I would assume they did the same this year and the guy shouting "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH" after every announcement worked for Bethesda.

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno if they have got someone developing them a great 1st party game, take out their big 3 games and what have they had exclusive wise in the last 10 years?

sunset overdrive, ori, cuphead, crackdown, Alan wake?

the games have been missing for a long time

But more POWER!!!!!! Games in 8k, some shite about frame rates, no loading screens! Gaming will always be about games, not about being bigger, shinier and faster, at times MS seem to me like an American cliche 

Well you would assume that's why they've bought about 6 new studios or whatever it is. 

• Like 1

MS going the right way with gamepass, especially ultimate which also includes the PC gamepass. Sure you won't want every game but you will be getting 15-20 games per month for about 50p each. Some of which are only a couple of months old and also includes all new first party releases day one (& even the £90 ultimate edition of Gears 5) . I'm not bothered about having everything day one and pretty much all capcom/square/2k & Bethesda releases all end up on gamepass now so between gold/gamepass & EA access i now only buy 2 or 3 other games per year.

Ubisoft are doing a very Ubisoft conference. Updates on their big ongoing series like Siege, looks at new franchise entries, and completely random stuff like having the guy from Always Sunny advertise his new show about a game developer that looks **** dreadful.

Watchdogs is exactly as expected, with all the ridiculously cockney Laahndaahnas you'd expect. Looked alright that aside.

Hmm. That Ubisoft conference really does sum up where things are this year. It's a winding down generation show, with the odd title they've knocked out still to come and everything else very 'holding pattern'. It wasn't bad but it was one of the thinnest they've ever done.

On the plus side, gameplay. Actual gameplay. Thank ****.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Hmm. That Ubisoft conference really does sum up where things are this year. It's a winding down generation show, with the odd title they've knocked out still to come and everything else very 'holding pattern'. It wasn't bad but it was one of the thinnest they've ever done.

On the plus side, gameplay. Actual gameplay. Thank ****.

Other than Watch Dogs 3 then what gameplay? All I saw were cinematics to high heaven.

Edited by Ingram85

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Other than Watch Dogs 3 then what gameplay? All I saw were cinematics to high heaven.

I meant Watchdogs. It's basically only the second major title to show gameplay ah the show so I was happy to see it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Dreadful. I'm really bummed over this e3 so far. Over to Nintendo tomorrow to save the event. Not getting my hopes up.

This was always going to be a weaker E3 so I haven't been let down too much. I mean sure it's been CG heavy, but that's almost every E3 in the year before next-gen consoles. 

Kinda weird e3 in general i guess. Har to get excited about something coming out in April when you know the new gen of consoles are coming 6 months later.May aswell just wait and play them properly later in the year. Sure stuff like cyberpunk will look nice enough on the X but i imagine it will look a lot nicer & play far more smoothly on the Scarlett/PS5

Square's event was decent. A lot of remasters, FF8 surprise remaster that actually looks like it's had a fair bit of work done to it.

FFVII remake looks very good. Only issue really is the episodic stuff. I liked the updating of the traditional combat by throwing them into a semi hack and slash system. Gameplay! 

And Avengers... Er... They were scared to just say outright what it is, which is concerning when it's bloody obviously a Destiny knock off. Having the voice cast sat there discussing who their characters are was just bizarre. Everyone knows who the Avengers are. Why are you wasting time tellingng us who Tony Stark is? And the coup de grace, the DLC and ongoing 'service' all fully laid out, but no talk about what the game actually is. Square want some of that ongoing service dollar... Otherwise it looks decent enough, even if the character design is very 'rejected early MCU concept art'.

Square basically did what you'd expect. Tons of FF, tons of JRPGs, a lot of working on their catalogue of old titles, a few odd bits scattered in otherwise like People Can Fly's thing. Wasn't bad but follows the pattern.

Â