FA Cup final 2019

StefanAVFC

I've just put it on. I want Watford to win obviously but it would be depressing if Watford can manage something that we haven't in 62 years of trying. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I've just put it on. I want Watford to win obviously but it would be depressing if Watford can manage something that we haven't in 62 years of trying. 

Actually just remembered Troy Deeney plays for Watford.  Come on Citeh. 

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

She worn one of those tight dresses again?

This is probably the first Cup final I've watched since our debacle.

I think Watford have already had more of a go than we have in our previous 2 FA Cup finals. Maybe one day, we'll get back there and not absolutely embarrass ourselves. 

The difference in resources between these two is astonishing. City can afford to start an FA Cup final while leaving Stones, Aguero, De Bruyne and Sane on the bench. 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Let's face it,  the vast majority of handball decisions, you could get 2 referees to watch it and they might disagree on them all. The rule is bullshit.

If you ask me, any shot on goal that gets stopped by a hand/arm should be a penalty, intentional or not.

Edit: obviously a keeper can stop it with their hand before any smartsarse says it!

Edited by sharkyvilla

The FA Cup had become a bit more realistic for some of the also ran teams in recent years as the big 4 didn't take it too seriously. 

However the top clubs are taking it more seriously now as it's become the top 6 and clubs like Citeh who have really become a super club can now field a second fiddle team who can still trounce most other teams.

It's still a very special competition in my eyes and I would dearly love to see Villa win it but unless something changes it's going to be very difficult to imagine that happening. 

I long for the days when really anyone could win it. 

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If you ask me, any shot on goal that gets stopped by a hand/arm should be a penalty, intentional or not.

Edit: obviously a keeper can stop it with their hand before any smartsarse says it!

You would get players more interested in firing the ball into players in the hope of a hand strike than trying to get round them. 

I think it's far too strict as it is now.  Let's face it, if a ball is smacked at you from a few feet away its almost impossible to get out of the way. 

I think the rule should be no handball unless it's a clear and deliberate action (which is what it's supposed to be really anyway).  All this slight movement to the ball given as hand ball is starting to piss me off to be honest. 

Citeh starting to run it now.  Could get ambarassing for Watford which would be a real shame. 

I haven't bothered to watch much (any?) top flight football in a while, and certainly not Citeh, so I've no idea about this team. I also couldn't really care less about any final that doesn't have Villa in it. But I've got a few minutes to waste so just put the match on. First bit of commentary - 'this is a really special side'.

Is it? Really? It's no doubt a very good side, but I'd suggest any club spending the national debt of a small country on it's team would get a very good side. I don't think being good makes a side special.

Of course it's all meaningless but I've nothing better to do.

• Like 1

Â