FA Cup final 2019

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would feel sorry for Watford but then think of Troy Deeney and lose that sympathy 

Popped over to sha forum and they're all backing watford and "Our Troy from da Wood" to beat citeh. Laughable !

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

First ever men's team 😏

Ah yes, we need to preface the fact with that now. 

Mind you, does saying male assume their gender?! :trollface:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly find them really dull.

They're an incredibly efficient team, but I don't feel entertained at all.

That effort, combined with precision movement, passing and  clinical finishing does not entertain you?

you are Steve Bruce and i claim my £5 ;) 

• Haha 1

I wonder what its like to be a citeh fan now... they used to have proper genuine fans and did suffer terribly over the years. Down in the 3rd tier and still getting big crowds. I wonder if they are now blase about winning and does it lose any of its magic? Have they attracted many glory supporters?

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wonder what its like to be a citeh fan now... they used to have proper genuine fans and did suffer terribly over the years. Down in the 3rd tier and still getting big crowds. I wonder if they are now blase about winning and does it lose any of its magic? Have they attracted many glory supporters?

Well, based on the empty seats that can be seen when they’re in Europe, they’re not attracting many rich glory supporters.

There might be a fair few old school supporters who have been priced out by the sheer number of cup games.

26 minutes ago, dubbs said:

First domestic male team to do it.  Pep said. 

Go Pep, such woke awareness!! 

But since we’re being being pedantic, and nobody specified what level of football they were referring to (just like they shouldn’t need to differentiate between the genders in the context of an interview relating to a team in the men’s game) Truro did a ‘domestic treble’ before Arsenal women. 

(Troll face)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

First ever men's team 😏

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

First domestic male team to do it.  Pep said. 

This annoyed me. Not your posts, the media highlighting this stuff.

It's the men's game. That's not to poo poo the women's game, but they're different. Are we going to have to include the achievements by women's teams in every discussion now. It's a bit weird

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Well, based on the empty seats that can be seen when they’re in Europe, they’re not attracting many rich glory supporters.

There might be a fair few old school supporters who have been priced out by the sheer number of cup games.

The couple of city fans I've seen on other forums seen to suggest that, picking and choosing games, the semi final for example or an even better one is the charity shield, you cant justify the £200 day out, that's a CL away game 

Balance between not selling out games and not having football tourists is a hard one, I'd take the 1st option if I'm honest

We are already having social media meltdowns over playoff tickets, can you imagine what we would be like if we were "successful" with a huge better fab brigade? Would be shit 

• Like 1

To expand on that a little, city have played at Wembley 5 times this season,  played arsenal away on a Sunday, spurs away mid week twice, Watford mid week, Chelsea saturday 5.30pm, Fulham saturday early kick off, palace on a sunday, I think only west ham was 3pm saturday

That's just London games alone, a lot of money and a lot of fuckaboutery, you can claim we would be different but would we? Don't know

Hopefully no Watford fans left after 80mins and found the trains full of city fans in the same way we did with utd and arsenal, again that's worse than not selling out imo 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Id say they do still have the genuine fans, but will obviously attract gloryhunters going forward. A load of the kids at my lads football training wear Man City tops, more so than United, Liverpool etc.

My father in law is a Man City fan and was a regular through the years in the lower leagues. Interestingly, he still lists his favourite games as fixtures with Huddersfield, Gillingham etc which were in lower divisions, despite all the recent success.

He often says that nowadays he stays in the pub to watch them despite having a ticket for the match, which i think is to do with the inevitibility of the home games. It must be odd going into games expecting to win and to score 3 or 4. The novelty of trouncing teams soon wears off i guess.

Imagine winning an FA cup final 6-0 and being like ye, that was great. But not really surprised based on our quality.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly find them really dull.

They're an incredibly efficient team, but I don't feel entertained at all.

I agree, it's boring, they hit the same angles and score mainly tap ins. Yes it's clearly very hard to stop but it is really just very boring to me.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's the men's game. That's not to poo poo the women's game, but they're different. Are we going to have to include the achievements by women's teams in every discussion now. It's a bit weird

Yep agreed. Luckily it just seems to be the BBC who promote this. Every player they interviewed said “it’s great to be the first team to do this” etc

Knowing the BBC they’ll do it for a few months to show that they are “better” than others. Then they’ll get bored of doing it and it’ll go back to normal

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. It's a complete nonsense. 

It'd be like taking away every single world record in female athletics because, well, it's not the world record. 

If they aren't competing against each other, it's basically a different sport with different records. 

• Like 1

Â