The Phunnay Video Thread (formerly Funny YouTube Videos)

ED

You have to wonder how people like that pass their test. That shows a fundamental lack of understanding as to how a car operates.

**** funny though

More than just that too, a complete lack of common sense.

I mentioned in General Chat yesterday that I had spent the day at Prestwold Driving Centre where I drove three laps in a Ferrari 360 and a Lamborghini Gallardo.

I don't know if anyone cares (probably not) but here's my three laps in the Gallardo. It was a great experience, highly recommend it.

WARNING - Joe, the instructor - lovely bloke - says 'squeeze' quite a lot.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

I mentioned in General Chat yesterday that I had spent the day at Prestwold Driving Centre where I drove three laps in a Ferrari 360 and a Lamborghini Gallardo.

I don't know if anyone cares (probably not) but here's my three laps in the Gallardo. It was a great experience, highly recommend it.

Cool! Did they do any checks before you drove? Like checking if you can drive manual or anything?

Nope, just checked our licences. Here's the list of restrictions they state on their website:

• You must hold a full driving licence and legally be able to drive in the UK
  • Minimum Age: 17yrs
  • Min/Max Height: 4'10" - 6'5"
  • Max Weight: 20 Stone

Sucks to be you if you're 6'6", fortunately I'm an average 5'11" ;)

Most people here in the UK drive manual anyway but most of the cars they had were paddle-shift gearboxes and there's no clutch for that. The Ferrari 360 I drove was a manual and for a car like a Ferrari you'd think the gearbox wouldn't be so damn clunky. The Gallardo was paddle-shift, they didn't ask me if I'd ever driven a paddle-shift before (I hadn't, but I've driven automatic a few times) but it's so easy even a child could do it.

As for the cars you could drive, of the ones I saw at least, they had six Gallardos, one Gallardo Balboni (a special edition tuned to the specifications of Valentino Balboni,the Gallardo test driver, he requested it to be RWD instead of the 4WD version I drove), one Murcielago which I would have loved to have driven but it was a bit too steep for me price-wise, a couple of Ferrari 360's and a 458, at least one Audi R8, an Aerial Atom, a KTM X-Bow (which was quite popular and was absolutely flying around the circuit, I think they used that for a single high-speed lap offer), three Aston Martin DB9's, a Nissan GTR, a Mclaren MP4-12C (again, too pricey for me but would have loved to have had a drive), a Bentley GT, a Vauxhall GXR (which we were taken out and driven as passengers in a high speed lap but it wasn't all that, maybe because I was in the back and there was a fat guy in the middle who kept slamming into me on every left turn), and a Porsche 911.

I think they had a few others that I didn't see but I'm sure they said they had a few Caterhams, a couple of Suberu Imprezas, and an Aston Martin DBS and probably a few more.

Edited by Ginko

You look very calm and in control whilst squeezing in all that power :)

Looks like a great time.

Nope, just checked our licences. Here's the list of restrictions they state on their website:

• You must hold a full driving licence and legally be able to drive in the UK
  • Minimum Age: 17yrs
  • Min/Max Height: 4'10" - 6'5"
  • Max Weight: 20 Stone

Sucks to be you if you're 6'6", fortunately I'm an average 5'11" ;)

Most people here in the UK drive manual anyway but most of the cars they had were paddle-shift gearboxes and there's no clutch for that. The Ferrari 360 I drove was a manual and for a car like a Ferrari you'd think the gearbox wouldn't be so damn clunky. The Gallardo was paddle-shift, they didn't ask me if I'd ever driven a paddle-shift before (I hadn't, but I've driven automatic a few times) but it's so easy even a child could do it.

As for the cars you could drive, of the ones I saw at least, they had six Gallardos, one Gallardo Balboni (a special edition tuned to the specifications of Valentino Balboni,the Gallardo test driver, he requested it to be RWD instead of the 4WD version I drove), one Murcielago which I would have loved to have driven but it was a bit too steep for me price-wise, a couple of Ferrari 360's and a 458, at least one Audi R8, an Aerial Atom, a KTM X-Bow (which was quite popular and was absolutely flying around the circuit, I think they used that for a single high-speed lap offer), three Aston Martin DB9's, a Nissan GTR, a Mclaren MP4-12C (again, too pricey for me but would have loved to have had a drive), a Bentley GT, a Vauxhall GXR (which we were taken out and driven as passengers in a high speed lap but it wasn't all that, maybe because I was in the back and there was a fat guy in the middle who kept slamming into me on every left turn), and a Porsche 911.

I think they had a few others that I didn't see but I'm sure they said they had a few Caterhams, a couple of Suberu Imprezas, and an Aston Martin DBS and probably a few more.

I drove an Audi R8 there a couple of years ago, it was quality! Got it reasonably cheap aswell, about £60 for 5 or 6 laps. 

Ha, thanks guys. It was a great time. I didn't have to wait too long for my turn either. I was pretty much straight in the Ferrari as soon as the briefing on the track itself and health and safety etc was done and then  probably waited abut 25 minutes to get in the Gallardo but with all the beautiful cars on display and people whizzing round the track the time just flew by.

Â