Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah it's just shock. I think we all as fans know what's happened over last few days will have a big big impact on our season. 

I have lost all my optimism for the season now. I think 9th or 10th finish now and hopefully best form nearing the end of the season. We know it'll have hit all Villa fans and the momentum we had is totally gone you can see how shell shocked the squad and even Emery is

To be fair I think a top half finish with a cup or European success before Mings’ injury would have been a good season.

I’m so worried now. I think losing Mings is the difference between 7th and 12th. the next few months are almost a write off as we have to bed in a whole new team with presumably Carlos as his obvious replacement, who still needs minutes and has no PL experience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It just feels like any time we have momentum something horrific comes along to dampen it.

Yeah, this exactly. Kinda just has me just accepting it will always kinda just end like this. Just be content with 9th or 10th placed finishes and being a mod table club who won't win anything. We had our hopes up and we have quickly been reminded that this is Aston Villa. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, this exactly. Kinda just has me just accepting it will always kinda just end like this. Just be content with 9th or 10th placed finishes and being a mod table club who won't win anything. We had our hopes up and we have quickly been reminded that this is Aston Villa. 

I think this is why I'm not taking it too hard, 10th would have been a good season for me regardless, with our first time having to balance Europe in a very long time. Can see why people are gutted if there was a hope we'd be pushing on this season but it was always asking a huge amount imo.

Things have got a bit tougher certainly. We'll just have to win the conference league :)

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would go Konsa(tucked in), Carlos, Torres, Digne for the moment until we can get reinforcements in the door.

Yeah we may as well get the Torres Carlos partnership going. It's the only one we've got so we need to just throw them in deep end and hopefully they click quickly

We've Everton, Hearts, Burnley, Hearts. Let's go with those two as CBs for all 4 games 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think this is why I'm not taking it too hard, 10th would have been a good season for me regardless, with our first time having to balance Europe in a very long time. Can see why people are gutted if there was a hope we'd be pushing on this season but it was always asking a huge amount imo.

Things have got a bit tougher certainly. We'll just have to win the conference league :)

As long as we don't step back too far. If we come 9 or 10th a few points off the top 7 we can take that if we had a ECL run to at least QFs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

My initial thought when seeing this was remembering when Pierluigi Casiraghi injured his knee against West Ham as not only did he destroy his knee ligaments but also damaged the nerves. Ty was in a ridiculous amount of pain 😢 really don’t care about the result 

He was one who had to retire, pretty sure he sued Chelsea as they misdiagnosed it or sent him to the wrong surgeon, can't remember the reason for the lawsuit.

That was late 90s though and medical treatment moved on so much. Can also remember Gary Charles breaking his leg for us and being out for over 12 months, nowadays you can get back from that injury in 3-4 months.

I think Mings will be back but of course many players do lose a bit from serious injuries so we need to be ready and plan ahead.

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This time last year was a far bigger setback given who was managing us at the time and also losing Diego Carlos for pretty much the whole season who at the time was seen as a gamechanging signing.

We had to go through two months of pain but turned out to be one of our most exciting seasons for a long while so don't see the point of writing off seasons just on a player getting injured in August as bad as it was (not convinced Buendia would've been a regular once we'd got all the signings in but of course that's a blow aswell as he's always a decent option off the bench).

Chelsea lost Fofana for the season and Nkunku up to December so they're actually in similar position to us. And Spurs just lost Kane so they're in similar position to what we were in summer 2021.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

This time last year was a far bigger setback given who was managing us at the time and also losing Diego Carlos for pretty much the whole season who at the time was seen as a gamechanging signing.

We had to go through two months of pain but turned out to be one of our most exciting seasons for a long while so don't see the point of writing off seasons just on a player getting injured in August as bad as it was (not convinced Buendia would've been a regular once we'd got all the signings in but of course that's a blow aswell as he's always a decent option off the bench).

Chelsea lost Fofana for the season and Nkunku up to December so they're actually in similar position to us. And Spurs just lost Kane so they're in similar position to what we were in summer 2021.

That was new manager bounce and the fact we had an Elite coach replacing a poor one. We will have been analysed by other clubs for this season plus we had a good slice of luck last year on that run to 7th.

This time we've no new manager bounce and we've a rut we need to get over ourselves. The morale is shattered for sure. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That was new manager bounce and the fact we had an Elite coach replacing a poor one. We will have been analysed by other clubs for this season plus we had a good slice of luck last year on that run to 7th.

This time we've no new manager bounce and we've a rut we need to get over ourselves. The morale is shattered for sure. 

If the morale is shattered after one game then they may as well give up. 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If the morale is shattered after one game then they may as well give up. 

It's much easier to rally the troops and get a reaction from something as horrible as that than it is to turnaround a long-term malaise. Morale will be bad right now but it's fixable and we've one of the best in the game there to do just that, safe in the knowledge that he'll work 24/7 to do it. 

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe. However you could say we're following a similar trajectory to Newcastle rising from bottom 3 up to top half and then kicking on the next season. They didn't have serious injuries like we've just suffered but someone like Isak was out for three months.

Yesterday was poor but I prefer to see it as a really bad one off. Of course if we flop v Everton there are issues as that's a game we simply have to be winning to be top half competitive.

Â