Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Cantwell was a good player, thirteen direct goal contributions from him the last time they were in the Championship, and that doesn't tell the whole story as he was often the player that would be assisting the assister, a bit like Grealish when he was in the Championship, he was also decent for them in the Premier League the first time they were promoted with Farke. Might not have been as good as some thought, but still way way better than he has been since the start of last season, fell out with Farke and was banished to play with the U23s and hasn't been the same since, if they can get his confidence back would be a big help to them, because the player he was would walk into their team now, in fact he would walk into any team in the Championship.

• Like 1

I'll always respect him for what he did here, but he's let himself down there, both in the results, but more critically, starting to have a pop at the fans. Similarly to Bruce here, once you go down that road, you'll never again have the fans united behind you. I'd have sacked him for that straight away.

Always had my doubts about him. At brentford i think frank was responsible dor alot of the success there as we can see now 

Smith did well here but very limited. It was right time to sack him and he has flopped at norwich like i expected. I think smith would do really well as under 21 england manager if carsley moves on

Feel for the bloke but more a case of right time, right place with us. 

Think he suffers a lot like other England managers and when pressed, goes back to the old, “Tighten it up, be hard to beat, run the channels, fight for it, etc etc”

Should take some time off and have a think. 

You don’t come back from having a pop at the fans and saying they do t like you because of your accent and the way you look. Also doesn’t help the football was turgid according to Norwich fans.

Right place right time with us.

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In hindsight he should have taken some time off. 

He's never had the sort of money he had at Villa, so was more than financially secure. He is very much the family man and should have definately had the time off to spend with them before jumping back in, specially Norwich. 

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure. I think it's easy to be forgotten about. 

A premier league job was there. How often do they come up? 

I agree. He had to take the chance. I suspect it may be his last sadly.

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure. I think it's easy to be forgotten about. 

A premier league job was there. How often do they come up? 

They dont. Sean Dyche is now 8 months without a job, Howe went about 18 months

If he stayed unemployed what teams would have thought of hiring him that have sacked managers. Southampton is probably it

Â