Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 02/02/2021 at 10:21, AvfcRigo82 said:

An absolute credit to Dean Smith and the staff and board to have gotten us back to this stage. It's remarkable where we have come from in the space of 3 or so seasons!

I remember feeling the same during the Ron Atkinson, Brian Little, John Gregory years, and I guess to an extent Martin O'Neill too, where in all those occasions we were often in Europe and challenging for trophies.

Happy days are here again!

Its just nice not to be shit! 

All those years starting with McLeish and moving on through numerous managers and we were garbage. I became numbed to losing and playing terrible. Sucked any enjoyment out of the game for a long time. I actually feel positive about the club now. 

Like you said, best times since GT, BFR, Little and Gregory. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm going to try and not get involved tonight. It was ridiculous that after a great win and past the 30pt mark, arguing like last season when we were in the relegation zone. 

You mean we actually won on Saturday?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Its just nice not to be shit! 

All those years starting with McLeish and moving on through numerous managers and we were garbage. I became numbed to losing and playing terrible. Sucked any enjoyment out of the game for a long time. I actually feel positive about the club now. 

Like you said, best times since GT, BFR, Little and Gregory. 

Honestly, if we'd been shit these lockdowns would have been so much worse. Actually something to look forward to. But its not just the match, you can then enjoy listening to podcasts and watching match of the day. Its been such a positive. 

I resent Lambert for destroying my love of all things football. I think I'll always appreciate deano and these players for this enjoyment during such a shit period of time. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You mean we actually won on Saturday?!

Excluded from results because of a standard deviation anomaly due to flat earth interference by space lasers......sorry!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Flat earth you say? I’ve always had my suspicions.....

Yeah there is no globe, infact no mountains or hills it’s just strange angles of the light that aliens from Mars create via mirrors.

You heard it here first 😉

Amazing that while I’m joking, an American Congresswoman said on video and truly believes that Jewish Space Lasers are doing the American wildfires.....

Martin Short Cuckoo GIF by tylaum

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Right my prediction. This game will be different to Southampton and I predict sanson and traore will come on at some point.

Then we will have a handful of fans post in here, that they're glad Dean is learning and improving. But that they should have come on 5 minutes earlier. 

• Like 1

Our midfield balance does not work. We need more physical energy in there. AEG and SJM off for me to be replaced by Marvelous and Bert. Needs to happen now. That was so easy for West Ham. We are sleep walking towards defeat unless Dean acts

8 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I just think the rest of the league is starting to figure us out, unfortunately.

we have won 2 of the last 3 games and should really be 3 in a row except for a freak Burnley comeback

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

half time sub. Oh No Deano has sold out to the VT forums

Best thing is he started one of the players the uSe tHe bEnCh fanbois were wanking their skin off about, and now Dean’s subbed him off at half time 🤣

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

That I've never anyone subbed with exhaustion quote. It's a good quote when you win but honestly it is something I would expect Steve Bruce to come out with.

I feel like the season is going to catch up with us the same way it would under O'Neill. Forward thinking in a lot of ways Deano but fitness has always concerned me.

The Drinkwater nonsense. The playing McGinn under he dropped. The playing McGinn to get him fit.

Â