Which player would you hate to lose the most ?

BOF

Which player would you hate to lose the most ?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you hate to lose the most ?

• Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • John Carew
    • Gareth Barry
    • Ashley Young
    • Martin Laursen
    • Olof Mellberg
    • Other (specify)
    • Don't care

I've gone for Barry.

When Barry plays well, we play well.

When he's off his game, it really shows.

Laursen is a beast; and Young and Gabby are two of the most exciting players going around... 'twould be devastating to see any of them leave, but losing Barry would be even more deleterious to the team's development at this juncture in time.

laurson he has been the player of the season for the villa so far

barry would be my second even though he hasnt played for the last few matches

youg and gabby are still very young and full of promise but i thihk that they would be replacable at the moment (in a few years though it mite be a different question)

I voted for Barry. Even though I think Young gives us more than Barry I think Barry is more important. I think Barry is a bit of a symbol of the club and certainly the player most non Villa fans think off first with Villa because of England.

I think to lose Barry would be a huge huge blow to not only our team but our image and reputation as a progressive club. I also think a lot of the young English players look up to Barry as a bit of a role model and as evidence they can achieve their ambitions with the club of playing for their country.

Losing Barry I think would put into question the Villa Park futures of these players.

Martin Laursen: Clean sheets are a must if we want to progress into the top 5 or 6. This geezer is unreal and he is the foundation that we must build around. Davies playing alongside Martin Laursen will hopefully make him even better in the future so Martin Laursen cannot leave and I would pay him want he wants tbh.

Seems like a pretty predictable result in my opinion?

Laursen comes top because I think he is one of the top 5 CB in the league and would be irreplaceable and the contract publicity has bumped his vote up further.

Young is up there because he's our only plan in attack and has massive potential to become a world class player if he can keep off MSN

I think Barry may have been higher if we thought there was more of a chance of it happening.

I'd like to add I'd hate to see us NOT signing Carson, wich in a way would be losing him as we've been so heavily rumoured to sign him and him talking about how much he wants a permanent deal. Would be a class goalkeeper for years to come IMO

I voted for Ashley, though, he has tremendous potential. Even though Gabby, Barry and Laursen would also be major blows to see out the door. Carew is great at his best, but replaceable at a fair price. A prospect the class of Gabby would be very expensive, Barry is an England International and Laursen has been immense this season. All would be very costy to replace.

It depends on the circumstances.

If we lost Gabby or Barry in a £20m deal to Chelsea, then fair enough. We're being fairly recompensated for our loss to a team better than us.

If we were to lose Laursen for free to a club such as Spurs then it would be gutting. Losing an important player with no compensation to a team worse than us would be a proper kick in the teeth.

If the question were asked with no relation to length of contracts, transfer fees, potential clubs they would be moving to then the answer would be Young. If asked with relation to the current climate, then the answer is Laursen.

I went for Young because his signing was a statement that we're going to be more ambitious and aim for the top four over the next few years. If he were to be sold off it would mean everything said about building our squad up and the five year plan was hot air.

Losing Laursen for nothing would be a huge, huge blow. He IS our defense.

I really want him to extend his contract but due to his knees and age it wouldn't be the end of the world if he left as long as we brought in a quality replacement. If he was in his mid-twenties i'd be around MON's office with a gun to his head making him sign him on for longer.

I voted Young though it was very tight over Gabby.

I suppose any profit we would make on Gabby would be 100% whereas if we sold young for say £15m we would only truly profit £5m

I pick those two over Laursen as they each have 10+ years left in them and could go on to be better and better.

Laursen is a great player and would be terribly missed, however his life as a top player expectancy is well below the other 2 and it is easier to replace defenders than good attacking players.

Â