Hogwarts Legacy

Chindie

Has anyone had any issues with this? My missus is playing it, and every now and then it crashes and completely shuts down the PS5, which won't turn back on again unless I turn the plug off and on again (obviously, not good for the PlayStation as it's happened about 10 times now). It's not a hardware issue as it doesn't happen with any other game/application.

I've seen a fair few people posting the same issue on reddit. 

On 14/02/2023 at 19:04, Nicho said:

I went from playing red dead to this and so the story telling/static cut scenes for every conversation is the biggest thing annoying me and ruining it so far. 

Yerp I completely agree. The talking cut scenes are awful 

11 hours ago, daft said:

Done with the msin story. Brilliant, but open world a bit dead.

That's an interesting view as I think the world outside of Hogwarts is one of it's strengths, as there are so many activities and collectibles to pick up.

I'm going for the Plat so I'm holding off finishing the story (think I'm about 80% of the way through it) until I've sorted most of the other trophies.

It's a superb game.

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

That's an interesting view as I think the world outside of Hogwarts is one of it's strengths, as there are so many activities and collectibles to pick up.

I'm going for the Plat so I'm holding off finishing the story (think I'm about 80% of the way through it) until I've sorted most of the other trophies.

It's a superb game.

It is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences in years. It made me, someone who has never been interested in Harry Potter, but the full collection of the books and just binge.

But as far as open worlds go, I maintain that it is extremely shallow and lacking depth, even if it is very polished and extremely atmospheric. There's no way to interact with it outside the quests. Same with your friends, and the collectable stuff is fun but also quite samey.

These ar in no way game breaking or even major as I really loved the game, but the world could do with some fleshing out.

On 14/02/2023 at 19:04, Nicho said:

I went from playing red dead to this and so the story telling/static cut scenes for every conversation is the biggest thing annoying me and ruining it so far. 

Ive come around but the cut scenes still annoy me.

Mycurrent  biggest gripe is the emptyness/lack of ability to jump over stair cases and walls. Hogwarts is essentially just stairs. The open world is fun, as is the attacking gameplay, my favourite bit is the big set piece missions/puzzle caves. Mixing spells is great. 

I think there is a real opportunity for the next game in the series (when ever that may be) to be a real best game ever. Set somewhere like London in and around Diagon Alley with much better NPCs and interactive world. 

Sales numbers on this are insane, fastest selling game for last 6 years excluding FIFA! Almost outsold Elden Ring LTD in two weeks.

Finally finished the main story today.  Gotta say the last few missions were one hell of a slog.  And the exclusive PS mission is just pure s###.  I actually envied the Xbox players for not having to play that one.

Â