Christian Purslow

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Any such tendency would of course be very destructive and hopefully there’s nothing like that going on.

What worried me a bit was the reports about Emery asking Real Sociedad’s sporting director to take the same position at Villa, which would be Lange’s current job. If that actually happened, I’d expect Lange to be in a bad mood.

and how do you think such a mood could resonate, with finding solutions for deals.....you would more like find obstacles, to manipulate a reason to pull out.

Look, I am not saying that is the case, but...................................................

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

and how do you think such a mood could resonate, with finding solutions for deals.....you would more like find obstacles, to manipulate a reason to pull out.

Look, I am not saying that is the case, but...................................................

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories but Lange reading that Emery wants him replaced could be bad for morale.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories but Lange reading that Emery wants him replaced could be bad for morale.

its not a case of being in to conspiracies....its a case of knowing they exist in big organisations, and sadly they do.

after the bullish talk, before the window opened, and the resulting actions....it doesn't take sherlock holmes, to have some personal reservations of proceedings.

I think if you asked the majority of the fan base in December, they would not have envisaged this, and we haven't brought in a top coach, just for a spring clean....or have we?

but I accept, it is what it is.

Edited by TRO

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

its not a case of being in to conspiracies....its a case of knowing they exist in big organisations, and sadly they do.

after the bullish talk, before the window opened, and the resulting actions....it doesn't take sherlock holmes, to have some personal reservations of proceedings.

I think if you asked the majority of the fan base in December, they would not have envisaged this, and we haven't brought in a top coach, just for a spring clean....or have we?

but I accept, it is what it is.

None of this eliminates the idea that what you said is nigh on conspiracy thinking!

Just now, Rolta said:

None of this eliminates the idea that what you said is nigh on conspiracy thinking!

whatever....purely my suspicions, call it what you will.

so was you expecting this in December?

I am merely putting my head above the parapet.....do you want to have a go? or as I say....was you expecting exactly this?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

whatever....purely my suspicions, call it what you will.

I am merely putting my head above the parapet.....do you want to have a go? or as I say....was you expecting exactly this?

I expected some signings for sure, but if I was speculating on what was happening behind the scenes I'd just be making things up, just like everyone on here. I don't really see the point. You could say anything.

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

I expected some signings for sure, but if I was speculating on what was happening behind the scenes I'd just be making things up, just like everyone on here. I don't really see the point. You could say anything.

Suspicions are not always making things up....they are borne out of real life experiences and events.....and applied to other possible situations, which have unexplainable logic

No fans know for sure, what is going on....that is clear......so we can be forgiven, for sharing our suspicions with others.....it can get you thinking for yourself, or disgard them as fantasy, its anyones call.

When the initial expectation, fails to connect with the actual proceedings, its inevitable thoughts develop in eager minds......Most fans were toying with a big window, due to a huge name appointed as manager, and a reported ambition from the owner.....Its clear something hasn't materialised as expected....

We can be brushed aside with simple thoughts, or we can delve in to more sinister explanations......but unless the club, makes a declaration, of their intent during this window, after it closes, we will never know.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just for clarity, I believe that the idea that Christian Purslow is actively working against the success of the club under Unai Emery is absolutely barking, pants on the head, tinfoil lined solid green bonkers mental.

Come on Brian.....things are manifested more subtle than that....maybe you have never worked in a huge organisation, or luckily never seen it at first hand.

but its not clarity, your dismissal of it, is no more certain, than the suspicion itself.......I too am not saying its so, but it could be more sinister than we think, is my point.

but I like the exclamation.

Edited by TRO

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

If I'm being honest I wasn't expecting a lot. Off the top of my head I can remember one really good January transfer window for us in the last 20 years and that would be the one we signed Carew and Ashley Young. The one where we signed Darren Bent was also good in terms of a short term impact.

Last season I'd have said at the time was a very good Jan window with Digne and Coutinho coming in but I guess we'd now not look back on that one overly fondly.

January is notoriously not an easy window not just for us but for a lot of clubs. In terms of us though history shows that, Purslow or no Purslow, we have more often than not struggled to bring in players who have had not just a short term impact but medium to long term positive impact and helped advance us to the next level. 

For what it is worth I think Moreno improves us and hopefully in time Duran will prove to have been a good signing and have a medium/long term impact. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Come on Brian.....things are manifested more subtle than that....maybe you have never worked in a huge organisation, or luckily never seen it at first hand.

but its not clarity, your dismissal of it, is no more certain, than the suspicion itself.......I too am not saying its so, but it could be more sinister than we think, is my point.

but I like the exclamation.

You're bringing your own bias to your explanation though—that's not really that logical. Just because you saw it in one place doesn't mean it might be happening here. It's just made up. Literally fiction. You could say anything.

• Like 1

Some of y’all need need to just chill with wild and quite frankly IMO ridiculous assertions based on nothing. We operate under the radar which is how we should - this conspiracy nonsense based on some(s) experience working within big business is laughable… Having worked within football at a lower league team and also worked for huge billion dollar firms can safely say they are complete worlds apart and nothing can be gleaned from working in either with how our January has gone … 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

If I'm being honest I wasn't expecting a lot. Off the top of my head I can remember one really good January transfer window for us in the last 20 years and that would be the one we signed Carew and Ashley Young.

Last season I'd have said at the time was a very good Jan window with Digne and Coutinho coming in but I guess we'd now not look back on that one overly fondly.

January is notoriously not an easy window not just for us but for a lot of clubs. In terms of us though history shows that, Purslow or no Purslow, we have more often than not struggled to bring in players who have had not just a short term impact but medium to long term positive impact and helped advance us to the next level. 

For what it is worth I think Moreno improves us and hopefully in time Duran will prove to have been a good signing and have a medium/long term impact. 

To be honest Mark, I was expecting a better window, and the word on the street, was not dampened by thinking more modest. I think most expected better than this.

I don't want to appear ungrateful.....because overall, I am in the pink with our owners.....but I can't help thinking, we have another window, where we are spending more effort on clearing out, than building.

We are now drifting in to Manana, manana territory, where the reasonable thinkers amongst us, will accept the Summer window......We need to remind ourselves that this time, has also got its obstacles of Holidays, club tours and tournaments, laden with excuses, sorry, reasons....some call it procrastination.

This will be our 4th year in the top flight, and we are not even established in the top half of the league......We will not be able to hang on to our better and ambitious players, at this rate. We will lose them quicker than we can recruit them.

I honestly and sincerely hope, that this is all part of the plan and that we are poised to dampen my doubts, by some positive recruitment in the summer....but as I have said earlier, that is just deferring the doubt.

As the old saying goes, "don't tell me show me".....In my opinion, the noises in December, was for a big recruitment drive, for what ever reason, that hasn't happened, and the big clearout, has taken its place.

Anyone can form their own opinion of that, and degree's of sophistication will ensue.....For me, I wasn't expecting it to be like this.

so where does this leave me, as a season ticket holder?......disappointed, in not being able to move up a level, sceptical for the reasons behind it, rational for accepting it for what it is, and practical, for just looking forward to the next game and supporting the team on the pitch.

UTV

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

As the old saying goes, "don't tell me show me".....In my opinion, the noises in December, was for a big recruitment drive, for what ever reason, that hasn't happened, and the big clearout, has taken its place.

I think this big clearout is a little exaggerated in fairness.

The only player to leave getting regular game time was Ings. Guilbert hasn't played in god knows how long, Sanson had played for less than 10 mins in Prem league this season, Archer had less than 45 Prem mins this season and Bednerak and Augustinson were recalled by their parent clubs having hardly featured for us.

As for the noises being about a big recruitment drive we have actually spent more this January window than we have spent in any January window. I am also confident the club have also tried for other players and are almost certainly still trying. 
Edited by markavfc40

17 hours ago, Rolta said:

You're bringing your own bias to your explanation though—that's not really that logical. Just because you saw it in one place doesn't mean it might be happening here. It's just made up. Literally fiction. .You could say anything

Folk do...its called opinions.

In this case, my opinion, is one of suspicion, thats all......I have explained that.

If you think this window, has gone to plan, and nothing more than market forces have scuppered our links, then fine.

There is no bias, its experience and intuition....but we will see in the fullness of time, why the building, never continued.

everyone one, will have their own opinions, I just shared a suspicion, I have.....no big deal.

Edited by TRO

as always the problem with this is we can all point at what we haven't done this january but its impossible to say what the like of purslow and lange have done because we simply don't know

we don't know what conversations have taken place between purslow and emery with regards to the masterplan of the club but that plan will exist

also don't know if for reasons completely out of our control several players have turned us down, all the moving parts are working perfectly fine but we can't force a player a join or a club to accept a bid

almost like playing our cards so close to our chest and giving so little insight is something that is flipped round and used as a stick to beat purslow with, people would rather listen to what is being said by absolute chancers because its more appealing than what's not being said by the club

So... Purslow...

Do we think we'll hear from him if we don't sign anyone else?  Do we think we'll hear from him if we do? They usually roll him out when there's a smoothing over to be done with the fans, or something to brag about. 

Â