John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Was fantastic during the back end of last season. Needs to rediscover that form because he's quite a way off at the mo. Not overly worried about him but needs to buck up asap if we are to have a good season. We need all our senior players stepping up. 

Seems to be playing a different role to last season, playing further forward which I know some people think is his strength but really his strength is being an all round box to box man - play him too high or too deep and his game is severely limited, he’s barely been involved in anything all season which is really unlike him

Edited by david-avfc

Needs a rest. Really bad first half from him. Couldn’t keep the ball and passes were nowhere. Got a little more lively after the first Digne incident but even from his own account, not his best recently. 

I love McGinn but I can’t be the only one thinking he isn’t the answer as captain. I don’t even think he’s the long term answer in midfield. I’d look to improve and it does hurt to say that as you can’t help but love the guy. But starting and captaining a team gunning for Europe? I’m not so sure. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I love McGinn but I can’t be the only one thinking he isn’t the answer as captain. I don’t even think he’s the long term answer in midfield. I’d look to improve and it does hurt to say that as you can’t help but love the guy. But starting and captaining a team gunning for Europe? I’m not so sure. 

Is Mcginn the one people shitting on after this win? Unbelievable 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But starting and captaining a team gunning for Europe? I’m not so sure. 

He literally did this last season! Not been in great form so far but he was absolutely immense at times in the run in, he’ll get back to levels soon

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Mate.... you should know better by now when it comes to McGinn.

We all should.

At his best, he is capable of being the driving force on that pitch, and has done so many times.

Maybe out of form or tired but nothing more at this stage imo.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate.... you should know better by now when it comes to McGinn.

We all should.

At his best, he is capable of being the driving force on that pitch, and has done so many times.

Maybe out of form or tired but nothing more at this stage imo.

I think he has a strong point tbh. He's not intricate enough to hold down an attacking role long term IMO, and I love the guy as much as anyone. He'll still get plenty of minutes mind.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Stop being so **** moan moan whinge. 

I'm not, made plenty of positive posts today on here. If you don't like discussions about players and just wanna praise them, don't come on here. Some of us believe certain players do/may have limitations, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's not done in a hateful way.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Â