Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd rather Jedi at CB over Elphick tbh. Chester and Elphick are not great together.

I know where coming from....gives us more aerial power. Just worried about Jedi dealing with pace and movement of the strikers. 

I'll have a go, why not!

Nyland

Hutton  Chester  Tuanzebe

Elmo         Jedinak         Green

Bjarnason  McGinn

Grealish

Kodjia

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'll have a go, why not!

Nyland

Bjarnason  McGinn

Grealish

Kodjia

I still don't get why no Hourihane

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'll have a go, why not!

Nyland

Bjarnason  McGinn

Grealish

Kodjia

Thats what i think too

I think Bruce is under immense pressure this season, to save his job and get us Promoted. Can't see him being here for long if we don't hit the ground running. Just hope he don't us this as an excuse to play safe an sit back nearly every game.

Two starting 11s in a row where you could arrange them into at least a couple of different formations based on the fact that whatever the case players are going to be played out of position. I'm presuming it's the same 4-3-3 with Tuanzebe at right back and BB as the holding midfielder though.

Would much rather Tuanzebe at centre back, I know we're fed the line that he can play in a number of positions but that is clearly his strongest one. He can do a job at elsewhere but when we have about 4 actual right backs I'm not sure what the point in playing him there is, particularly when we have a defensive midfielder seemingly going to play where he should be. If he's not going to be trusted as a CB then why bother even signing him.

Still a strong enough side on the whole though, I don't think a midfield of Jack, Hourihane and McGinn works so it's probably going to often be a case of a choice between the latter two. No harm in having some good options off the bench either.