Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

So how do we get Adomah, Green, Kodjia, Grealish, Hourihane, and Mcginn in one team?  

You don't. Whelan will start tomorrow IMO with Green definitely on the bench and McGinn most likely on the bench too. Probably the only changes will be Axel in for Elphick and a switch at goalkeeper.

Edited by villa89

I would probably go:

Nyland

Hutton    Tuanzebe    Chester     Taylor

Jedinak

Grealish Hourihane McGinn

RHM       Kodjia

I really hope Nyland is good!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I completely disagree with the "don't change a winning team" sentiment. I think it caused us a lot of problems last season and I would have liked to have seen more rotation.

Personally, if I was Bruce, I'd kinda create 2x first 11s. One for home games where we're expected to have a lot of the ball, and one for away where we counter attack a lot.

My approach to the game against Wigan would be different to how we played against Hull.

I agree, just don't think the second game it's all that crucial. Yeovil on Tuesday in the cup is a good chance to blood the second string. Then Brentford on Weds in between Ipswich and Reading. Time for rotation a bit then maybe.

Still, Steer has gone so that's one change. Jedinak has recovered from illness so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in either tbh.

I would go for the following 

Nyland 

Elmo   Chester    Tuanzebe   Hutton 

Whelan

Hourihane         Grealish 

Adomah                              Green 

Kodjia 

McGinn to come off the bench, dont see how you can fit him Hourihane and Grealish in the same team without reducing our attacking players which are kind of a must especially when playing at home. Think he'll be used to rotate/put pressure on Hourihane's place in the starting 11 but we'll see, hopefully both are so good you can't leave them out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I would go for the following 

Nyland 

Elmo   Chester    Tuanzebe   Hutton 

Whelan

Adomah                              Green 

Kodjia 

McGinn to come off the bench, dont see how you can fit him Hourihane and Grealish in the same team without reducing our attacking players which are kind of a must especially when playing at home. Think he'll be used to rotate/put pressure on Hourihane's place in the starting 11 but we'll see, hopefully both are so good you can't leave them out. 

Would be happy to see this side start and then McGinn to come off the bench.  

• Like 1

I suspect we will see:

Nyland 

Hutton    Chester  Elphick    Taylor 

Whelan

Elmo                                  Adomah

Kodjia 

With a bench of: 

Moreira, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Bjarnason, McGinn, Green, Hepburn-Murphy

I don't see Bruce dropping Elphick or Adomah and don't expect him to start Green - probably protecting though I would have though Wigan would be a good game for him to start (although he might hold him for Yeovil). 

Reckon we will struggle for first half as they will sit back, then McGinn and Green come on for Whelan and Adomah and realise that we don't have to play with a Defensive Midfielder every game... 

What I would prefer to see is: 

Nyland 

Elmo   Chester  Tuanzebe  Hutton

McGinn

Adomah                                      Green

Kodjia 

With a bench of: 

Moreira, Elphick, Whelan, Jedinak, Bjarnason, Lansbury, Hepburn-Murphy

Not happy with bench though. All central players, no width. But this may be more long term - it depends on how much faith Bruce has with the new players. The certain one to start is Nyland given Steer has been moved on. 

• Like 2

McGinn surely on the bench, maybe we'll see him for Hourihane or Whelan on 70 mins. Nyland straight in, and probably Tuanzebe also on bench making a late appearance. All in all a decent bench for once.

Tough game tomorrow, I would like to see Green come into the team especially with us being at home and maybe keep Mcginn for a sub appearance

2-1 Kodjia and a Grealish rocket in front of the holte

My team would not be changed much, you don't change things that ain't broken.

--------------------Nyland-----------------

Hutton-----Elphick--Chester-Taylor

Elmo-----Hourihane--Whelan-Adomah

---------------------Grealish------------------------

--------------------Murphy--------------------------

Kodjia was simply shocking in the opening game and shouldn't go anywhere near the starting 11. Nyland is an international and played in Europe so should be the obvious choice after Steer's loan deal.

On 9/8/2018 at 21:09, dounavilla said:

That's a ' no' from me.

I'd go :         Nyland

Hutton Chester twanzebra Taylor

.................. Thor...............

Elmo   Hourihane  Grealish  Green

....................Kodjia..........

"Twanzebra". I like that! :)

Edited by robby b