Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

Has this been picked up for international broadcast somewhere? Or is this part of the AVTV package. Of course there's bugger all info on the official website - they still have last season's league table up :rolleyes:

Edited by TheAuthority

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Has this been picked up for international broadcast somewhere? Or is this part of the AVTV package. Of course there's bugger all info on the official website - they still have last season's league table up :rolleyes:

3 o'clock kick off so should be part of the International AVTV package

Nyland

Elmo      Tuanzebe      Chester      Huttinho

McGinn  Hourihane   

Adomah               Grealish                  Green

Kodjia

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 2

On 07/08/2018 at 11:33, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm expecting a lineup of:

------------------------Nyland

Hutton----Chester------Axel-----Bryan

-----------------------Hourihane

--------------Grealish-------McGinn

Nmecha------------------------------------Green

-------------------------RHM

Too many changes from a winning side. This lineup will never happen

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I always love the first home game of the season. Always full of optimism K5 in the Holte for me and the lad

The optimism usually wears off after 30 mins though 

So how do we get Adomah, Green, Kodjia, Grealish, Hourihane, and Mcginn in one team? 

d0d30f9daa15e53fd706ce0ac38c1ee5.png

Defensively this is bad. Hourihane and McGinn are high energy players, but neither are true DMs. This could easily be a 4-2-3-1, but still we likely need someone like Thor, or Whelan in the DM spot. I really wonder how Bruce will make this work. 

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So how do we get Adomah, Green, Kodjia, Grealish, Hourihane, and Mcginn in one team? 

d0d30f9daa15e53fd706ce0ac38c1ee5.png

Defensively this is bad. Hourihane and McGinn are high energy players, but neither are true DMs. This could easily be a 4-2-3-1, but still we likely need someone like Thor, or Whelan in the DM spot. I really wonder how Bruce will make this work. 

That's a ' no' from me.

I'd go :         Nyland

Hutton Chester twanzebra Taylor

.................. Thor...............

Elmo   Hourihane  Grealish  Green

....................Kodjia..........

Edited by dounavilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

That's a ' no' from me.

I wasn't seriously suggesting it. I was just wondering how can we possible play McGinn, Hourihane, and Grealish on the field at the same time without forcing one out of position and that was the best I could come up with. 

Nyland

Elmo - Chester - Axel - Hutton

Whelo

Adomah - Hourihane - Green

Grealish

Kodija

Subs: Steer, Thor, McGinn, RHM, Taylor, RDL, Lansbury

50 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

That's a ' no' from me.

I’d like to think that with McGinn in the team, we could hold onto the ball more, and with his energy can negate the need for a DM. I’d drop BB, put McGinn where Grealish is and move Grealish ahead of the 4, behind the striker.

• Like 2

With a more energetic midfield we shouldn't need a cdm. But with Elphick as a defender, we probably need to protect the defence. 

I think this will be a hard game. They're newly promoted and positive. Would rather had played them than n October. 

Same team as Hull for me.

I want to see a decent reaction from Kodjia in the form of a better performance.

Harsh to drop Elphick after the goal, harsh to drop Steer after a decent showing, harsh to drop Elmo after MotM.

Who knows if Jedinak's illness has cleared up but Whelan did well also.

Nyland - Tuanzebe - Bree - Jedinak - McGinn - Green - RHM on the bench

We've got lots of momentum, riding the crest of new owners, Chester staying, Grealish staying and McGinn signing. So....Aston Villa 1-2 Wigan :P

Edited by Hornso
  • Haha 1

Steer

Hutton   Elphick   Chester    Taylor

Whelan

Elmo  Hourihane  Grealish  Adomah

Kodjia

No need to change a winning team, especially after a 3-1 win. With Yeovil on Tuesday there is plenty of opportunity to give the new boys 90 minutes, see what they can do and restructure ahead of Ipswich.

Personally I would bring McGinn on for Whelan if things are going well, it will be interesting to see how a midfield three of McGinn, Hourihane and Grealish works. If Hourihane and McGinn can both work box to box allowing Grealish to push forward in an ACM role we could negate the need for a DM in certain games.

We need to stick with Kodjia, get him firing again and see if we can get him back to the form he was in before injury. Unfortunately we are going to just have to put up with the selfishness for a while.

On 08/08/2018 at 17:06, Czechlad said:

Not many changes for me, but I'd go with this even if we get new players before this match:

9207f9648c6ec6558c39aa96fea57bb5.png

Subs: Murphey, Thor, McGinn, Lansbury, Tuanzebe, Byran, Nyland

Yep I'd go with that line up.

Maybe a different keeper if either of the new boys are ready/good enough

I completely disagree with the "don't change a winning team" sentiment. I think it caused us a lot of problems last season and I would have liked to have seen more rotation.

Personally, if I was Bruce, I'd kinda create 2x first 11s. One for home games where we're expected to have a lot of the ball, and one for away where we counter attack a lot.

My approach to the game against Wigan would be different to how we played against Hull.

• Like 1