UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Ah - no. Has the new series started airing on ESPN yet?

Was it a better KO than Matt Riddle's from a few years ago on TUF? Although, really, that one was only good cos the guy got knocked out literally started to cry for his mommy :D

And there was me thinking the only good thing about the latest series was Chael...

Good for you Tegis, what are the crowd like in Sweden? Shouting "Bang 'im out!" through every fight with tribal tattoos and naff jewellery like over here?

Edit - And here's the most grim KO of the week.

home.png
Edited by ArteSuave

It's more or less the same, apart from that the crowd appeared more educated. You could here people picking up subtle things in the groundgame instead of booing for example. But when Alex was up against Silva the place went nuts.

I thought the Brum crownd was much more like this than in Manchester and London, with Manchester being the worst.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies delivered! Carmouche had Rousey pretty deep in the RNC but still got armbarred in the end. Good fight. Now they just need to make the division deeper and not bother with other wheightclasses for a while.

Personal highlight of the night, Lawler kicking the shit out of Koscheck. Yummy!

oah9.giflawler1.gif

And the modified kneebar/hamstring leg-lock from Robertson was cool as ****.

tumblr_mip9iyLKBq1qfrkf9o1_500.gifo9rs.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Nick,

Before the fight, you accused GSP of being afraid to hit and be hit, of running, of laying on people and not creating offense and being content to win by controlling the fight.

You said you had the answer for anything GSP wanted to do, and you’d beat him silly no matter where the fight went because you were the real fighter and GSP wore pampers/was pampered (hard to tell with that weed slurred speech of yours).

Last night, for 25 minutes, GSP threw exactly 0 curve balls at you in terms of what anyone in MMA expected him to do. You spent half the fight on your feet (way more time than anyone saw coming because the consensus was that it played too much to your strength), and more than half the stand up time you stood

there with your hands dangling making goofy faces and calling GSP a b**** instead of smashing his face in with your all-world boxing.

He took you down, he negated every single submission attempt you tried to manufacture and scored all the offense on the floor.

So, in short, you knew exactly what to prep for, had months to perfect your gameplan, and you got schooled by a fighter you say hits

like a girl.

So if a guy that hits like a girl can completely outclass you for five full rounds with your supposedly MMA-best boxing, life threatening bjj and endless ocean of cardio, why would anyone give you another shot at the guy you clearly can’t beat?

Please carry on lobbying for a fight with the Spider, rematch Condit and lose OR take up a career distributing legitimate pharmaceutical cannabis.

You’re done.

This!!!  The thick twit wants a rematch. Pah

Edited by Tegis

Hopelessly dull card in the end, Hendricks/Condit being about the only saving grace.

Yup. its been a galore of booring desicions as of late. Hope next event delivers better, I'll be there

Dillashaws head-kick/knee was sweet

Edited by Tegis

Joe Rogan appears to be slowly transforming into Kurt Angle as the years pass.

He's got a long way to yet. For a start he's got to win an Olympic Gold medal with a BROKEN FRICKIN' NECK

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Gustafsson injured and out, and the event is in 6 days. Dana has some work to do, as the card is so top heavy it's not even funny.

Ilir Latifi takes the fight on 4 days notice. I know him from the local Swedish circuit, semi solid fighter but Mousassi will destroy him.

What a **** let down card this is. Feels like a Strikeforce Challengers Series with a few exceptions. I could accept that if the prices reflected it. 180 quid for my (good) seat. Ugh...

Fights to look forward to are the Conor McGregor debut, Brandao-Garza and Pickett-Easton

What a **** let down card this is. Feels like a Strikeforce Challengers Series with a few exceptions. I could accept that if the prices reflected it. 180 quid for my (good) seat. Ugh...

Commiserations broseph. Will you be sitting close enough to hit Lloyd Irvin with projectiles if he corners Easton? :lol:

Â