UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

JDS has claimed he thinks he could KO Wladimir Klitschko, thats the reason why hes compared to pro boxers.

Well, pro athletes aren't the quickest of cats at the best of times. In a boxing match, he hasn't got a prayer

Oh dear. Bisping falling on the final hurdle again. Nurmagomedov is a beast, and Alcantaras kneebar was nice, even though Prado was pretty crap at defending it

hgfhfg-o.gif

Prado has the worst ground defence ive seen in a long time. Props to Alcantara for taking the fight on short notice, AND at LHW and winning.That should earn him a fairly decent deal in the UFC. Talking of Alcantara, what about his brothers fight... Pedro Nobre had clearly had enough and tried to fake injury to get a DQ win. None of those shots were to the back of the head, im not sure what Dan M was thinking either...

Nurmagomedov is certainly a beast. He wants Nate Diaz next, that would be an awesome fight.

Bisping will never be a top fighter, he just seems to crumble against anyone in the top 5.. Wouldn't mind seeing Bisping v Franklin next..

Talking of Alcantara, what about his brothers fight... Pedro Nobre had clearly had enough and tried to fake injury to get a DQ win. None of those shots were to the back of the head, im not sure what Dan M was thinking either...

Almost on a Suarez scale. Milking it for all it was worth

• 2 weeks later...

The Overeem ko... he was out about 5 seconds and 10 punches before he hit the deck.

Overeems arrogance was pathetic. He has all the tools to outbox and outkick Silva but got wayyyyyyy to cocky. Nasty KO and shows why you cant play around in the HW division.

Aldo didn't gas to bad, hence he won. I had it 48-47, dunno how they saw it 4 rounds for him.

Tyron Woodley looked good as well

'Reem wouldve taken a lot more damage had Herb Dean not stepped in after the end of that gif, maybe Bigfoot just wanted to trash talk his unconscious opponent, but I somehow suspect not :D

The difference in what they pay fighters is something that I find strange sometimes. For example, Overeem got $285,000 whereas Bigfoot Silva only got $70,000 and no win bonus! Seems harsh that does! I would have thought that Jose Aldo was the top earner from Saturday night but he wasn't. He got $240,000 which included his win bonus. The top earner was Rashad Evans who pocketed $300,000. Madness. 

The difference in what they pay fighters is something that I find strange sometimes. For example, Overeem got $285,000 whereas Bigfoot Silva only got $70,000 and no win bonus! Seems harsh that does! I would have thought that Jose Aldo was the top earner from Saturday night but he wasn't. He got $240,000 which included his win bonus. The top earner was Rashad Evans who pocketed $300,000. Madness. 

I think the big difference is that when the fighter gets paid based on the PPV numbers it doesn't show on those reports. Hence, Overeem, Aldo and Evans get a base pay with no PPV bonuses.

I "think" that is how it works. After that it's your negotiation skills and apparently Aldo has a crap agent. (So has Ian McCall who did 9000 which is pathetic )

The Overeem ko... he was out about 5 seconds and 10 punches before he hit the deck.

I cant believe that a man with that much ability and power has lost 12 times!

He really should be up there in that division.

Edited by Nigel

well what happens now in the HW division? Cain muellered Bigfoot before he muellered JDS and Overeem was going to be the next title fight for Cain so what happens now? The HW needs some new faces in it IMO, people like Soa the Hulk Palelei from here in Perth would be a good shout. He has won his last 10 fights and has fought in the UFC before, Dana needs to give him another shot!

well what happens now in the HW division? Cain muellered Bigfoot before he muellered JDS and Overeem was going to be the next title fight for Cain so what happens now? The HW needs some new faces in it IMO, people like Soa the Hulk Palelei from here in Perth would be a good shout. He has won his last 10 fights and has fought in the UFC before, Dana needs to give him another shot!

I agree that the division needs someone like Overeem, and more like him.

He does not need that much changing either to be a top fighter, just some new coaching.  I really like the confidence he displays too, gives him a bit of a character missing from the rest of the division.  However he needs to know that its just an act.

Dana will definitely give him another shot, he is box office!

Â