UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

I'm still trying to figure out which brother is the bigger douche Nate or Nick?!

Nick, hands down! Total lack of respect, especially when he no showed at the press conference for the GSP fight and was making up all these bullshit excuses. Would have been the biggest fight of his career too! Now he thinks he can come back and try to demand a fight with Anderson Silva! Clown!

I'm still trying to figure out which brother is the bigger douche Nate or Nick?!

Nick, hands down! Total lack of respect, especially when he no showed at the press conference for the GSP fight and was making up all these bullshit excuses. Would have been the biggest fight of his career too! Now he thinks he can come back and try to demand a fight with Anderson Silva! Clown!

He'd get destroyed!

Actually knows how to sell a fight too. Instead of saying "oh I don't mind who I fight next" in her post-fight interview she called out Cyborg. 90% of MMA fighters should take note.

Well to be fair there is literally only one woman left to fight before she's cleaned out the entire sport. Calling someone out only really makes sense if you're fighting for a title and 90% of fighters aren't doing that.

They need to start waving money at Kyra Gracie pronto. That fight would make a **** killing and she sure as hell wouldn't get armlocked.

So with Strikeforce winding down having been bought up by Zuffa, will the womens division make an appearance in the UFC? Or are they keeping the Strikeforce shows going? I don't really keep up with the 'inside' news, just watch shows as they're on ^__^

So with Strikeforce winding down having been bought up by Zuffa, will the womens division make an appearance in the UFC? Or are they keeping the Strikeforce shows going? I don't really keep up with the 'inside' news, just watch shows as they're on ^__^

I think its more down to Showtime in that regard. Dunno how long that contract is though. And I think it will be a while before we see women in the UFC, there aren't enough fighters to create a good division. Bit of a catch22 in that regard as it can't grow without backing. Maybe that all female promotion Invicta can get things going.

Fuuuck! 151 is cancelled. Henderson injured, Sonnen stepped up as a short notice replacement. Jones refused to fight him and bye bye PPW.

Jones will get serious flak for this

I met Jon Jones two years ago at a UFC fan expo in London and I got the impression that he was an arrogant prick. Bearing in mind, this was at a time when he was still climbing the ladder and still unknown to many. I wasn't keen on him at all. When I heard about what happened I honestly wasn't surprised at all. The excuse that he has tried to come out with is absolute bullshit too! Then when he found out he would be fighting Machida on September 22nd he tried to get it put back to a later date. To add to the drama, Machida turned down the title shot and Vitor Belfort will now fight Jon Jones for the title on 22nd September.

I heard a conference call that Dana White did earlier with a load of MMA journalists and he was understandably FUMING!!! One of the things I like about Dana is that he speaks his mind regardless.

I met Jon Jones two years ago at a UFC fan expo in London and I got the impression that he was an arrogant prick. Bearing in mind, this was at a time when he was still climbing the ladder and still unknown to many. I wasn't keen on him at all. When I heard about what happened I honestly wasn't surprised at all. The excuse that he has tried to come out with is absolute bullshit too! Then when he found out he would be fighting Machida on September 22nd he tried to get it put back to a later date. To add to the drama, Machida turned down the title shot and Vitor Belfort will now fight Jon Jones for the title on 22nd September.

I heard a conference call that Dana White did earlier with a load of MMA journalists and he was understandably FUMING!!! One of the things I like about Dana is that he speaks his mind regardless.

I used to like Jones because he was inspired to practise martial arts (like myself) because of Bruce Lee and has some JKD training. However, the more you hear and see of him he does tend to alienate and furiate. No doubt Dana White is upset; I know they'll be insured against this sort of thing but it's just troubling for the brand, merchandise and history. Looking back 151 will just be void but we'll have 152 Jones vs Belfort; it's a little odd, why not make the next event 151? Promotional reasons maybe?

I think Jones is the better fighter than Sonnen, but i'd acually ive Sonnen the edge because of his psychological warfare which would probably work against a naive and still relatively inexperinced fighter like Jones. That is possibly why Jones did not accept the fight?!

but i'd acually give Sonnen the edge because of his psychological warfare which would probably work against a naive and still relatively inexperinced fighter like Jones.

:crylaugh:

What? The last time we saw him at LHW he didn't even break 200lbs, 10 inch reach disadvantage, coming off a TKO loss last month, 8 days notice. He doesn't even have enough power to have a punchers chance. With a full camp I'd give him a 20% of winning, without one I'd say more like 5%.

Any perceived "psychological warfare" is for marketing purposes and Jones is too arrogant to believe anyone could beat him anyway. Jones' inexperience has led him to the best run in the LHW division for years.

Greg Jackson is trying to be regarded as wise and insightful, he just **** up big time.

but i'd acually give Sonnen the edge because of his psychological warfare which would probably work against a naive and still relatively inexperinced fighter like Jones.

:crylaugh:

What? The last time we saw him at LHW he didn't even break 200lbs, 10 inch reach disadvantage, coming off a TKO loss last month, 8 days notice. He doesn't even have enough power to have a punchers chance. With a full camp I'd give him a 20% of winning, without one I'd say more like 5%.

Any perceived "psychological warfare" is for marketing purposes and Jones is too arrogant to believe anyone could beat him anyway. Jones' inexperience has led him to the best run in the LHW division for years.

Greg Jackson is trying to be regarded as wise and insightful, he just **** up big time.

It's all about opinions; yes Jones is an all-round better fighter but that fight would have been right up Sonnen's street.

Yes Jones is uber-confident but Sonnen is just downright arrogant and jumped at the chance to fight him because he thought he could win; Jones had more to lose and hence declined the fight.

It's true Jones has a great record of late but the Light-Heavyweight division is pretty short on great fighters. Personally the best fighter he's faced was Machida who won the first round of their fight but then lost with the standing guillotine.

Bader is one dimensional; Belfort and Rampage are passed it; Rua and Rashad are inconsistent, so too Vera...anyone I missed? I think Minotouro vs. Jones would be a good fight, but it's a pity Jones didn't take the Sonnen fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Tegis, gif request;

After Swanson won, he flicked his hand up in a quick thumbs up, and hit his trainer's (I presume) arm, which was holding a drinks bottle.

The drinks bottle ejaculated its contents all over the trainer's face. He went from having a :D face to a D': face.

I found it to be quite amusing.

Tegis, gif request;

After Swanson won, he flicked his hand up in a quick thumbs up, and hit his trainer's (I presume) arm, which was holding a drinks bottle.

The drinks bottle ejaculated its contents all over the trainer's face. He went from having a :D face to a D': face.

cubfist.gif

And his KO

Hybridfusion_3dwmv013_zps108c485c.gif

Tegis, gif request;

cubfist.gif

hahaaha :D yeaaaaaa~

Â