UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

• 2 weeks later...

Big Country (and Hunt) are awesome! Only reason none of them will ever get a titleshot is because Dana doesnt want a fat redneck to be the heavyweight champ of his precious UFC. If his wishes came true, there would probably be handsome white americans holding all the belts, except a couple black guys in the light and middleweight divisions.

Edited by norwegianvillain

I think they would have to do more to get one than their shredded colleagues but if either of them beat top 5 opponents back to back he'd be forced to give them a shot I th. Unfortunately, as good as they are, I don't think either of them are quite up to that sadly.

Braga Neto up first. He stole my seat at an event once by accident (I think :P ) and I didn't say shit. I just moved a few rows back.

Edit - Ouch. Fear the leg locks.

Edited by ArteSuave

Looks like a different bloke compared to his CFC days. Same technical flaws though as you say.

Fair play to Magalhaes though, he took some damage and kept his composure. I don't think the facial damage he took will make him any uglier either. :lol:

c-magalhaes.jpg

How on earth have I not known that you could get UFC on bloody Youtube?!

It's not always all prelims on there but ufc.tv is free and carries all prelims for the bigger cards

Vaughan Lee with old school badboy shorts

Random fact, I used to work with a guy who knew Vaughan Lee from doing martial arts training with him, mostly kung fu. He was surprised he went into the mma game, let's say.

Feijao v Thiago Silva on the card too.

No way that one goes the distance! Lets see if I jinxed it good and proper

Nope :) Kaboom

8 submissions, Brazil much? :)

Great night, apart maybe from the TUF final and the Alcantara fight.

Some very entertaining grappling on that card.

By contrast Metamoris II was a bit of a let down. The changes they made from the first one with the intention of making it more exciting had the opposite effect.

Of the two MMA names added to increase appeal (Aoki and for some reason Schaub) only Aoki came out with any credit. Even though Schaub lasted the 20 and Aoki got subbed fairly quickly the fact Aoki engaged and didn't jog away the whole match will have earned him more fans.

Â