UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Some very entertaining grappling on that card.

By contrast Metamoris II was a bit of a let down. The changes they made from the first one with the intention of making it more exciting had the opposite effect.

Of the two MMA names added to increase appeal (Aoki and for some reason Schaub) only Aoki came out with any credit. Even though Schaub lasted the 20 and Aoki got subbed fairly quickly the fact Aoki engaged and didn't jog away the whole match will have earned him more fans.

**** tool! Don't enter in the competition if you are that worried about your limbs.

schaub00.gif

Great card on saturday! I have to admit i havent seen any of Miocic's fights, is he any good?

He's allright, can handle just about all the HW from 10 and downwards, but I'd be very surprised if he beats Nelson. If Struve can KO him, Nelson most definitely can.

Burkman chokes out Fitch in WSOF under a minute. Feels him go limp and gets up before Mazagatti even realizes.....well anything.

8+Josh+Burkman+vs.+Jon+Fitch.gif

Jones - Gustafsson in September. Niiiiice!

War Mauler

Its not really going to be a contest though is it.

You're right, Alex will dismember Jones easily. *puts fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALA

• Like 1

Gotta love Nelsons interview; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2QW6F6sl-0

And Dana's counter; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V8ed5I77UPI

A big f***ing dissapointment if he doesn't renew the contract, i really think he is by far the most entertaining fighter, not based on his skills, but on the whole experience of his fights.

War Machine made a comeback on Bellator and looked pretty good. Don't worry, he has not gone all normal, currently dating Christy Mack :P

War Machine made a comeback on Bellator and looked pretty good. Don't worry, he has not gone all normal, currently dating Christy Mack :P

He's certainly improved since TUF. It takes a certain kind of man to retweet a picture of another man practicing his cunnilinguals on your girlfriend. I guess Mr. Machine is an example of one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Silva v Weidman tonight. :)  Weidman will be MW champ at some point, I've little doubt of that. He's seemed destined for the title in a similar way to how Jon Jones was as he looked too good for everyone at every level he fought. The question is whether or not he can do it tonight. If Silva wins it cements him almost completely unassailably as MW GOAT and he'd be unquestionably overall GOAT (although it's nowhere near as unthinkable that that title could be taken from him in the coming years).

I remember ADCC 2009 when there was a fair amount of buzz about him (not by name but as "A Matt Serra purple belt") because he was a qualifier who won two matches as well as taking Galvao to a close points decision. That was with less than a year of BJJ (but with an impressive wrestling pedigree) and not only that, his focus was already on MMA rather than sub grappling!

He's a sensation and I think he'll win tonight. Probably points but he's that good IMO he might force a stoppage.

Roger v Kennedy and Frankie Edgar v Oliveira as well. Should be an exciting card.

Roger v Kennedy and Frankie Edgar v Oliveira as well. Should be an exciting card.

Agree, ace card on paper. Really looking forward to it. Betting against Anderson is difficult. He's not human at times, but if he's slipping tonight like in the Lutter or the first Sonnen fight, Weidman will smash him. Money on the Brazilian and fingers crossed

Pierce with a good finish.

But Brian Meloncon, holy crap, he almost murdered Baczinsky.

Good start to the card. I'll leave the rest for tomorrow

Â