UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

The UFC purchases Strikeforce

WOW! Didn't see that one coming in a million years. White says Strikeforce will run business as usual. But as fighter contracts and TV deals runs out and gets resigned the Strikforce banner will disappear, just like Pride and WEC did. It will take a year or two but it will happen.

Well here we are. Last card being put together.

And I think it will be a while before we see women in the UFC, there aren't enough fighters to create a good division. Bit of a catch22 in that regard as it can't grow without backing. Maybe that all female promotion Invicta can get things going.

I was wrong. The UFC are signing up the 135 pounders. Both Rousey and Tate done.

-------------------------

First date in China tomorrow. With new ringgirls. *drool

g4_gallery_post.jpg

g2_gallery_post.jpg

GSP reigns supreme. Now make the Spider-fight and be done with it!

Menjivar with a belly-down-arbar. Looked horrible for Gashimov.

14042162_Ivan_Menjivar_Armbars_Azamat_Gashimov_UFC_154.gif

Poor poor Kampmann :(

hendricks-kampmann.gif

And the moment Montreal shat their pants

condit_gsp.gif

As much as I would love to see GSP Vs Silva, I kind of feel sympathetic towards GSP. The reason for this is because if this fight does happen then it is GSP who will be doing all the sacrificing. What I mean by this is they will obviously have to fight at a catch weight. Anderson Silva is already quite a skinny guy. I don't know how much weight he'd be able to cut while still maintaining a healthy fighting shape. GSP would have to bulk up and this would obviously take a lot of time and also a lot of training to get used to fighting at heavier than normal. To be fair though, you could tell that he's bulked up a bit while he's been away. I just think GSP has got more to lose than Silva and if the UFC are going to try and pursue a "super fight" then Silva Vs Jones would probably be a better option, even though they apparently don't want it!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job by Henderson but I expected a lot more from Diaz! I'm interested to see what Gustafsson can do against Jones but I don't think he'll be able to beat him, if Jones beats Sonnen of course. Rory is a good fighter. If he gets the rematch with Condit then I think that would be a great fight. I'm looking forward to seeing JDS vs Velasquez in a few weeks.

WOW, Both TUF events this weekend delivered. Especially TUF16 finale. 2 decisions on the whole card and that was fight of the night. Armbar, Technical sub by triangle, Suplex KO, Knee KO, d'arce choke. The **** lot! And I think Pat Barry took both the head and soul of Del Rosario.

iUnaFZgpy1jpv.gif

yugiu-o.gif

mnjbhg-o.gif

submissions_Dustin_Poirier_Brabo_Choke_Jonathan.gif

Mike+Pyle+Knees+and+Pounds+James+Head+-+TUF+16+Finale.gif

Johnny+Bedford+Stops+Marcos+Vinicius+Borges+Pancini+-+TUF+16+Finale.gif

That Russian sambo player was just awesome. Suplexed him 3 times, the guy still probably doesnt know what day of the week it is :D And I don't think I've ever seen as hard a punch as the one the finished del Rosario. Although Berry will get found out by the better wrestlers in the division, he's such a good name to have on the card for a brawl.

• 2 weeks later...

"Cardio" Cain returns. What a beating he put on JDS.

Miller - Lauzon Fight of the year contender.

Good sub by Moraga and KO by Duffe

Rest was crap crap crap and utter crap

Not a massive fan but did watch the Velasquez vs JDS fight, it was interesting and Velasquez really did beat the shit out of him, that guy is super fit and must be a nightmare to face off against. JDS though, all this hype about what a 'great' boxer he is, they must have low standards, he wouldn't last 3 rounds against a European standard heavyweight.

Far, far too many fights in the past year or so seem to have gone to decisions, and in the UFC a decision seems so much more unsatisfying than in a boxing match (I think mostly because a decision in MMA is that much more intangible than a boxing match... as well as MMA pretty much allowing fights to descend into less than a spectacle, even if the ref is on the ball with standups and the like).

I've been kinda put off watching my recording of 155 from this morning because I know theres a lot of decisions in there...

Â