UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

WTF Lombard, did they put sleeping pills in his coffee? And he nearly won anyway?!? Atrocious main card this time apart from Riddle (Sick arm-triangle) and Barao. Prelims was much better, again.

Hello Ryan Jimmo in 7 seconds, he's been boring as hell in the MFC. More of this please

iSZkpaETUEeFC.gif

Dire night of fights. When Matt "Boxercise" Riddle's technique is a highlight you know it sucked.

I was so pumped to see Lombard fight someone good, disappointing doesn't even begin to describe that shite.

• 2 weeks later...

Last nights UFC on Fox was fantastic. From the prelims to the main event. Watch it if you haven't.

SPOILER************************

Doink :-)

6D9v9.gif

Happy to see Lyoto Machida win, a true martial artist in every sense. Unfortunately we see too many of the Ryan Bader's of this world who are 'Jack of all trades' and Master of none...

Bader showed his weakness in stupidly rushing in and playing into Machida's plan of counter-attack.

I too would like to see Machida beat Jones, he did win the first round when they met previously. Who knows maybe Dan Henderson will beat Jones and we'll see Machida v Henderson for the Light Heavyweight title?!

No. I can't see Hendo beating Jones. Jones will just stay out of range so that Hendo can't throw his bombs. If Hendo can get hold of him and wrestle him then you never know but Jones is a solid wrestler too. I think Hendo will be gassed after round 1 and then Jones will probably just pick him off. Would be good if Hendo wins though!

No. I can't see Hendo beating Jones. Jones will just stay out of range so that Hendo can't throw his bombs. If Hendo can get hold of him and wrestle him then you never know but Jones is a solid wrestler too. I think Hendo will be gassed after round 1 and then Jones will probably just pick him off. Would be good if Hendo wins though!

No i don't see it either but you never know...Jones though is a class above (in my opinion) and knowing him he'll want to fight Henderson at any range he's that comfortable; standing guillotine against Machida was brutal!

Thing is if Henderson wins he'll be regarded as one of the greats due to his success in Pride, Strikeforce and the UFC. But at 41 years of age it'll be a tough ask.

Yet again these MMA judges are absolutely clueless. There is no way that Frankie Edgar lost that fight. Oh well, that's the risk you take when you don't finish your fights I suppose!

Guilard Vs Cerrone... WOW!!!

It was foooking close I thought. The only rounds I had a definitive winner in was 1 to Henderson and 5 to Edgar. The rest was toss-ups.

Diaz - Henderson should be a good un!

Love Cerrone!

Max Holloways bodyshot on Lawrence was lovely.

Dear Injuries, Stay the **** away from this card!

Ben Henderson (17-2) Vs. Nate Diaz (16-7)

Rory MacDonald (13-2) Vs. B.J. Penn (16-8-2)

Mauricio Rua (21-6) Vs. Alexander Gustafsson (14-1)

UFC on Fox 5 in december. Yikes!

Yet again these MMA judges are absolutely clueless. There is no way that Frankie Edgar lost that fight. Oh well, that's the risk you take when you don't finish your fights I suppose!

Completely agree, cant see how any judge could give it to him, nevermind two of them.

Leg kicks in the first round could have won him the fight but Edgar nulified that from the second round on. It was so close but if anything he won each of the next four rounds IMO.

Dear Injuries, Stay the **** away from this card!

Ben Henderson (17-2) Vs. Nate Diaz (16-7)

Rory MacDonald (13-2) Vs. B.J. Penn (16-8-2)

Mauricio Rua (21-6) Vs. Alexander Gustafsson (14-1)

UFC on Fox 5 in december. Yikes!

Huge step up for Gustafsson. Will be interesting to see if he can hang with someone like Shogun. I think Diaz will beat Henderson and I'd take Rory to beat BJ. Great card if injuries don't happen.

Rory will destroy BJ Penn, and a win for Gus should get him a title shot after Machida. Gus is VERY talented and should really be getting a title shot before Machida..

Looking forward to Strikeforce this weekend, Ronda Rousey v Sarah Kaufmann.

Only just watched UFC 150 and indeed Edgar was robbed; two takedowns and one knockdown plus edged four rounds I would say. Unbelievable that there was no rematch agreed.

Nate Diaz is a pretty unlikeable character and he'll try some tactics before and during the fight which will make some intersting viewing. I'm still trying to figure out which brother is the bigger douche Nate or Nick?!

Shields v. Herman was an awfully boring fight and I took umbrage at Joe Rogan's comments in regard to the fans booing when he said about them having never trained. It doesn't matter because it was boring, they were grappling for position and pretty much spent three rounds cancelling each other out. Fair enough if one guy was dominating then the bout would've been interesting but that didn't happen! I've trained alot over he last twenty years of my life but the fight was still boring to me...

See Guillard do the funky chicken; anyone seen a gif?

Shame really, one shouldn't laugh!

It was like a double strike from Cerrone, strangest thing really as he kinda missed and shinned him but then hit him with his heel on the side of the head!

There's no way he'll ever be able to do that again :lol:

Â