UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

God fooping dammit... flying out this evening. Better be no more fools hard sparring or trying any other silly shit. Cormier "playing" soccer in the embedded while Stipe played silly games with a metal detector had me freaking.

Such a pity, as Ortega looked like a legit contender :(

Alcohol to the rescue I suppose! 

50 minutes ago, villakram said:

God fooping dammit... flying out this evening. Better be no more fools hard sparring or trying any other silly shit. Cormier "playing" soccer in the embedded while Stipe played silly games with a metal detector had me freaking.

Such a pity, as Ortega looked like a legit contender :(

Alcohol to the rescue I suppose! 

Enjoy your day, still a card for the ages. Hooker - Burns and Vannata - Klose on the Early prelims. Those are maincard fighters any other day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villakram said:

Better be no more fools hard sparring or trying any other silly shit. Cormier "playing" soccer in the embedded while Stipe played silly games with a metal detector had me freaking.

Jayus ?

On 13/06/2018 at 10:48, stuart_75 said:

I agree Punk is an awful fighter and just too old to learn a whole new sport from scratch. He never seemed to throw any punches with any conviction at all. Jackson was equally crap too.

He's just not a very gifted athlete. Good enough to be coordinated around a wrestling ring but that's it, it's not as though he was a stand out at anything at high school or college level, the acumen was never there.

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Congrats to DC. To win 2 belts at the same time is really impressive.

As for Ngannou vs Lewis:

It made a Tyron Woodley fight look exciting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn't have been more wrong if i tried

eaycvLg.jpg

As soon as Rountree KO's Saki you got the feeling it was another night for the underdogs. There were some big prices on the guys that actually won. A 5 fold acca on those would have been very nice indeed

• Sad 1

So, Conor versus Khabib at UFC 229 seemingly (or maybe 232).  The cynic in me thinks something will get in the way of those 2 meeting.

After 9 straight decisions ? on the card, I think Smith just introduced himself as a opponent for Gus in two weeks. Poor Rua.

• Like 1

BT Sport have lost the rights to show UFC (& NBA basketball).

UFC 230 will be the last major PPV event broadcast in November before they will cease showing it completely on December 3rd.

Looks like Eleven Sports have outbid them so that is yet another subscription required or whatever they are planning on doing as the only way they are actually viewable when they launch next month is through their website/app.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Sad 2

Bodyshots galore. Calgary got their moneys worth. Even zombie-Eddie couldn't survive the onslaught. The moronic 12-6 elbow didn't help

• Like 2

20180804_090726.jpg

Massive fight. Maybe the biggest in ufc history. I think khabib wins as McGregor hasn't had a fight in around 2 years. McGregor should havw perhaps had a warm up fight first.  But no one can question conors guys and bravery. This is a very dangerous fight for him.  

Edited by Demitri_C

On 29/07/2018 at 23:35, LakotaDakota said:

BT Sport have lost the rights to show UFC (& NBA basketball).

UFC 230 will be the last major PPV event broadcast in November before they will cease showing it completely on December 3rd.

Looks like Eleven Sports have outbid them so that is yet another subscription required or whatever they are planning on doing as the only way they are actually viewable when they launch next month is through their website/app.

Another nail in the ufc coffin.

These guys landed to learn how to get this sport out to the masses more, not let existing partnerships die due to short term tv money.

I'd bet most of the UK fan base watches through bt, losing this along with the slipping standards will lose them a big market here.

Beautiful jab and then clincial finish?

DJ's long standing title reign comes to an end in what was a decent battle and sets up a possible trilogy!

TJ cemented his place at the top of the tree in the featherweight division with a clincial knockout of NO LOVE!

• Like 2

Â