UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

So what's everyone's feelings on the Khabib vs McGregor fight? A friend of mine who is a hardcore MMA fan is convinced Khabib is going to get the job done. Must admit I will tune in to this as I'm desperate to see McGregor lose. He's an utter odious individual and his press conferences are cringeworthy and seem to appeal to the lowest common denominator type of person.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So what's everyone's feelings on the Khabib vs McGregor fight? A friend of mine who is a hardcore MMA fan is convinced Khabib is going to get the job done. Must admit I will tune in to this as I'm desperate to see McGregor lose. He's an utter odious individual and his press conferences are cringeworthy and seem to appeal to the lowest common denominator type of person.

Khabib has shown a pretty big hint of a weak chin, that's what makes the fight unpredictable. If he gets in and gets a hold of McGregor it's game over. His top-game is absolutely devastating.

That said, he's one punch away from looking at the ring-lights and all fights start on the feet.

Edited by Tegis
spell
  • Like 2

Expecting Khabib to win but hope Conor wins just for the entertainment. Will all depend on if Conor can stay on his feet otherwise he is in for a long and painful night!

As for the last event my favourite finish of the night was this one:

Just brutal!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

I think khalid will win. Unless it how ago points they will favour McGregor. These two genuinely look like they hate each other.

Should be a great fight unfortunately look a like I'll be missing it as its my brothers wedding same day ffs

On 24/09/2018 at 11:00, Dr_Pangloss said:

Rerun of the aldo fight, McGregor will not want to be in there long and wouldn't be surprised if he ko's Khabib in less than a minute.

Having said that, If Khabib can get him in an armbar i honestly wouldn't be surprised if he snapped it

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Rerun of the aldo fight, McGregor will not want to be in there long and wouldn't be surprised if he ko's Khabib in less than a minute.

Having said that, If Khabib can get him in an armbar i honestly wouldn't be surprised if he snapped it

Fingers crossed!

20 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

The extra point is that he has 5 rounds to get his punch in as they all start on the feet. Khabib has to keep up his pressure else it could be over in a flash.

The real question is what is his chin like? For all we know Tyson couldn't knock him down...Then Connor is in trouble!

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The extra point is that he has 5 rounds to get his punch in as they all start on the feet. Khabib has to keep up his pressure else it could be over in a flash.

The real question is what is his chin like? For all we know Tyson couldn't knock him down...Then Connor is in trouble!

I'm sure Khabib took some decent shots off Barbosa and just shock them off as if he'd been tickled. Fingers crossed it goes to the ground straight after the bell, because Khabib isn't going to finish him in a hurry, it'll be a slow, drawn out mauling. 

18 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I'm sure Khabib took some decent shots off Barbosa and just shock them off as if he'd been tickled. Fingers crossed it goes to the ground straight after the bell, because Khabib isn't going to finish him in a hurry, it'll be a slow, drawn out mauling. 

There's a difference between barbosas punches and Connors though! 

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

There's a difference between barbosas punches and Connors though! 

True, I seem to remember he took a head kick or two and was not rocked in the slightest.

This'll be his biggest test for sure, I hope its the scrap all fight fans are craving for with Connor getting a beat down.

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

True, I seem to remember he took a head kick or two and was not rocked in the slightest.

This'll be his biggest test for sure, I hope its the scrap all fight fans are craving for with Connor getting a beat down.

Barbosa just kicked his legs...wouldn't go higher as he knew khabib was waiting to shoot.

If barbosa kicks you in the head you are going to die!

He's a bad example though as he was like a bunny in headlights from the start, never got going offensively. 

Michael Johnson showed the game plan but lacked the punching power.

I'm not so sure you will see a Connor beat down tbh! I don't think it will be an early knock out either but I think we could be surprised with mcgreggors performance.

....he has also got in khabibs head which hasn't been done before...Really interested to see how that goes.

Edited by Nigel

I can't believe there is a huge amoubg of people on social media who thibk mayweather woukd beat McGregor quite easily in a ufc fight because boxers big harder and have more stamina.

I think mayweather wouldnt last 2 rounds against McGregor let alone stand any chance against him in a ufc fight

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I can't believe there is a huge amoubg of people on social media who thibk mayweather woukd beat McGregor quite easily in a ufc fight because boxers big harder and have more stamina.

I think mayweather wouldnt last 2 rounds against McGregor let alone stand any chance against him in a ufc fight

I personally don't think he'd last 30 seconds before tapping or being choked out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I personally don't think he'd last 30 seconds before tapping or being choked out.

Yep I'd tend to agree. Being a excellent boxer is one thing but trying to take that in a ufc fight would be suicide. Boxing does not prepare you for the take down kicks chokes etc. Mayweather is not stupid he knows he would get killed thats why he wont step foot in a ufc ring. He doesn't need to either as he would be truly humilate in a ufc fight. McGregor despite losing and losing bad he still.lasted ten rounds and wasn't knocked down in his first ever boxing fight.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a867351/peppa-pig-interrupts-channel-5-live-coverage-mma-event/

?

Don't you just hate it when you're getting into the big fight on TV and suddenly Peppa Pig rocks up to steal the limelight?

That's exactly what UK-based MMA fans were faced with this morning (September 30) as they enjoyed the Bellator 206 MMA on Channel 5.

The programme was being broadcast live from the US and the event ended up overrunning, meaning that just as the main fight between middleweight champion Mousasi and welterweight champion MacDonald was about to begin, coverage in the UK abruptly cut out.

Viewers who had stayed up overnight to watch the event were left outraged when the channel suddenly began showing children's cartoon Peppa Pig instead.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Haha 2

Â