UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

TJ Dillashaw made Barao look like an amateur.

The fact that Barao is 33-3 with 2 of those 3 being losses to TJ, it just shows how good TJ is now! 

I have no idea who TJ fights next though! Dominick Cruz is injured. Raphael Assuncao is injured. Him and Faber won't fight each other. Eddie Wineland lost last night. Who does that leave? Michael McDonald. A man that TJ would run through. 

Unless he decides to wait for Cruz or Assuncao.

Also, I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the thought of seeing Rousey Vs Tate for the third time. They need to get the Cyborg situation sorted out!

I think he needs to move up to featherweight tbh. 

He will be small for the division but is definately good enough to be a major contender....and its where all the fun is atm!

What a great card it was too.

From what I have heard from TJ in past interviews, if he was to move division then there is more chance of him going down a division to fight Mighty Mouse than going up to featherweight. He probably knows he'll be too small for featherweight, as you said. 

To be fair to him he has shocked me how good he is.  Genuinely think he has the tools to move divisions, but downwards would be a waste.

Its the grunt division of the UFC;  After MM who is left to test him?

Yeah, he shocked me too. The only reason he got the first Barao fight was because higher ranked guys were either injured or already in an upcoming fight. Talk about making the most of your opportunities! 

When the first Barao Vs Dillashaw fight got announced I was like WHAT!?! DILLASHAW!?! SERIOUSLY!?! I honestly couldn't believe Dillashaw was getting a title shot.  

I remember seeing TJ being on Bisping's team on a TUF series in 2011 or 2012. He lost the finale to John Dodson. Maybe if he did go down to flyweight he would want to try and avenge that defeat.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Dodson move up to bantamweight to challenge TJ, considering the TUF finale between them was bantamweight. 

There is pretty much nobody else after that so I think it's inevitable that TJ goes to featherweight eventually, whether he's still bantamweight champion or not. 

Ive not always been overly convinced of Ronda's striking, but that was pin point accurate, "click" nighty night. I guess training with Diaz Bros helps with that.

Hope both the Nogs retire, little Nog looked a bit more with it, especially after the savage beating he took at the hands of Rumble, but both are spent forces I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Dana White has just announced that Ronda Rousey will defend her title against Holly Holm at UFC 195 on Jan 2nd 2016.

Expecting Joanna Jedrzejczyk v Claudia Gadelha and Miesha Tate v Amanda Nunes to be announced shortly for the main card aswell.

Also, at the TUF 22 finale (the night before UFC 194) Khabib Nurmagomedov v Tony Ferguson and Joe Lauzon v Evan Dunham have been announced, with a main event yet to be announced.

Thats gonna be one crazy weekend.

Edited by Rainer

Dana White has just announced that Ronda Rousey will defend her title against Holly Holm at UFC 195 on Jan 2nd 2016.

:blink:  Holm, with absolutely no power, relies on kicks, against a olympic judoka! Yeah, that'll go down well for her. :rolleyes:

I know Ronda has finished Meisha twice but she is still by far the biggest challenge (Cyborg aside) This stinks of personal vendetta from Rousey.

Just how many times can Ronda beat Tate though?

Rousey is a blessing and a curse for the women!

Indeed she is.

Charles Oliveira, torn esophagus :huh:  Sounds horrible actually. Shame about the fight, was looking forward to that

Â