Relegation thread

Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I think we'll have a much better idea after tomorrows game.  It's the first match DS and company has had any reasonable time to actually work on a practice field.  We'll get a better idea if many or none on our roster will pick up the new expectations and instruction and put them into practice.  I have to work and won't be able to watch ?

For some yes.

Others will need longer.

Others will already have seen enough.

Its all opinions.

For me, I’ve seen plenty already to fill me with confidence that we will finish no worse than 6 th.....and maybe push for Top 2. And I will think that whether we win or lose tomorrow as long as we perform how we have so far under Smith.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2018 at 12:58, villalad21 said:

Worst back 5 in the league. Of course we can get relegated if we keep conceding goals every single game

Yep, terrible formula atm!

Some of these comments on 3 and 4 are making me chuckle. I admit I was pretty negative pre season but that was thinking with the financial situation we couldn't afford players of calibre of Abraham and Bolaise.

Even during our poor start we were still beating teams like Hull and Rotherham so pretty OTT reaction.

On 27/10/2018 at 13:47, VillaChris said:

Haven't we only lost 3 home games since we've been in this league? Our home form will keep us away from any relegation danger but any chance of top 6 will be eliminated by how poor we are on the road, typical mid table team I'm afraid.

Our home form has been excellent since Dean came in. Now the difference is we can go away to top 6 teams and play them off the pitch, that's something I certainly didn't see coming and it lifts us into play off contention. We never did that under SB, even last season.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Our home form has been excellent since Dean came in. Now the difference is we can go away to top 6 teams and play them off the pitch, that's something I certainly didn't see coming and it lifts us into play off contention. We never did that under SB, even last season.

It's like that Wolves result, but every week now. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's like that Wolves result, but every week now. 

Not away. We lost comfortably to Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham last season.

Our best away wins under SB were scrappy, backs to wall 1-0 wins at Sheffield United and Boro so that already shows the difference in mentality Dean has made to squad to express themselves now.

^

Yep. Away games are something I no longer dread. Even last season when we mostly got good results they were still a struggle - Bruce's default mentality was always to play for a 0-0 draw and maybe nick a win, which often resulted in dire performances when we were soundly beaten. Under Smith, we take the game to the opposition every time and look good, even if we don't always get the result.

And yeah, this thread clearly has no use anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Yep, terrible formula atm!

Some of these comments on 3 and 4 are making me chuckle. I admit I was pretty negative pre season but that was thinking with the financial situation we couldn't afford players of calibre of Abraham and Bolaise.

Even during our poor start we were still beating teams like Hull and Rotherham so pretty OTT reaction.

We were playing like a relegation side under Bruce this season, not unreasonable comments by me at all.

I posted what i saw on the pitch and that was a team set for relegation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We were playing like a relegation side under Bruce this season, not unreasonable comments by me at all.

Don't worry, all these comments are tongue in cheek and a bit of fun.

I've said plenty of stuff on here which would be really embarrassing looking back with the benefit of hindsight.

(I was a staunch supporter of Gestede and Gil)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

I've said plenty of stuff on here which would be really embarrassing looking back with the benefit of hindsight.

Mate, I loved Luna! :) :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Thug said:

Gestede always gave 100% for the cause, maybe lacked a bit of quality for The Premier League.

Gil was technically superb but I think he didn’t have the work rate needed for the Premier League or Championship 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gestede always gave 100% for the cause, maybe lacked a bit of quality for The Premier League.

Gil was technically superb but I think he didn’t have the work rate needed for the Premier League or Championship 

Agree.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 12:35, villalad21 said:

Normally if you're set for relegation you'd be losing to likes of Reading, Ipswich, Hull etc. We were still drawing at least with them which creates the points buffer. Our season was going nowhere but to say it was set for relegation is OTT.

Â