What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

That's dangerously close to sex in a canoe territory.

I don't particularly like the stronger beers. I prefer to have a lower alcohol content, and drink lots more of it. Session ale, as it's called over here.

That's ale, though. With lager I invariably go for 5%. No more, no less.

I find that sex in a canoe is more to do with the taste than the alcohol content which is why Budweiser is the stand-out sexy canoe lager for me, even though its alcohol content (4.3% in Ireland) is comparable.

• Like 1

That's dangerously close to sex in a canoe territory.

I don't particularly like the stronger beers. I prefer to have a lower alcohol content, and drink lots more of it. Session ale, as it's called over here.

That's ale, though. With lager I invariably go for 5%. No more, no less.

Yeah, session ales are the way to go if you're drinking for a long period of time.

The Kernel has a good session Ale called Table Beer, although it is very weak at around 3%!!

Had a bottle of this last night. Uber delicious: Export-Porter-Cacao-300x300.jpg

Exactly, BOF. I drink beer for the flavour, not to get pissed (UK usage, Levi). Getting pissed is admittedly a nice side effect, but not the main aim. And English ale is more to my taste than most lager.

I'm not familiar with the term Session Ale but I assume it just means a beer strength that 'isn't Belgian'.

Well it's not an industry standard term :) , but that's about right.

For my personal use, it means between about 3.8% and 4.2%.

I'm not familiar with the term Session Ale but I assume it just means a beer strength that 'isn't Belgian'.

aye - session ale effectively means lower strength ale. Most ales under 4% and under would qualify I guess.

But not Low acohol specific drinks. 0.5 - 1% ales wouldn't qualify. 

I guess "anything you can drink a lot of without throwing up/falling over, but which would get you pretty pissed", would be a decent description.

Edited by Jon

Well it's not an industry standard term :) , but that's about right.

For my personal use, it means between about 3.8% and 4.2%.

Ti's a CAMRA standard term though it seems. Again, there appears to be no black and white about what would be included under that banner ... 

I could kill a drink, I actually said at 9:30am that I could clatter a pint of stella and the feeling aint gone away

I know by the time I get home I will be quite content to have a mug of tea or coffee but I cant stop running through the alcohol I have sitting there calling out my name

1/2 bottle of gingerbread rum

3/4 bottle of jagermeister

1 bottle of white wine

1/2 bottle of whiskey

1 can of stella

1 can of carling premier

1 can of kronenberg

I could get pretty mangled off all of that, as I say though I know that I will be more than happy with a cup o tea but rite now that lot seems really **** appetising

I've been dabbling in English bitters.  You've got to understand that we don't 'do' bitter over here and the closest we've got to them would probably be Smithwicks which is probably more popular with foreign tourists (particularly ze Chermans) than it is with the locals.  Bitters are not unpleasant though.  They're certainly 'different' and that's good.

I've been dabbling in English bitters.  You've got to understand that we don't 'do' bitter over here and the closest we've got to them would probably be Smithwicks which is probably more popular with foreign tourists (particularly ze Chermans) than it is with the locals.  Bitters are not unpleasant though.  They're certainly 'different' and that's good.

If you ever pop over for a visit I can highly recommend a pint of Bathams.

• Like 1

If I find myself drinking a beer it is usually Erdinger. I'm not a huge fan of beer, but pale ale can be pleasant during summer, if there is no good cider around.

Pubwise, I'm a Guinness and double Jameson kind of guy.

A whiskey drinker from Norn Iron that doesn't drink Bushmills? Lolwut?
  • Like 1

Â