What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

just kanned off a bottle of bacardi moving on to the vodka in a moment. another sucsessfull friday night. i love piss.

Now that's changing the subject, though it might give an insight into your username .... :P

Nothing. You're not allowed to purchase beer in Norwegian stores after 8pm (6pm saturdays) and by the time I got home from training it was too late to go out. This particular piece of legislation has a tendendy to piss me off, as there is no rationale behind it whatsover. It was passed to please the Christian Democrats back in the day, and I've yet to hear a logical explanation for it.

Christian Democrats back in the day, and I've yet to hear a logical explanation for it.

Umm, will I tell him or will someone else :)

I exshpect your shpelling to be shuitably affected young shir.

What do you think he'll be buying, Chateau Robothschild?

:clap:

I'll add my snigger to that. Sorry, Ian. :winkold:

BTW, my keyboard is on the blink - dodgy batteries! So if I fail to check my posts this evening then I apologize.

'Ere, what's this young sir business? :)

Phoney politeness before I go back to bullying.

:lol:

You do it so well, I'd shake your hand and thank you after the event. :winkold:

EDIT: That would be in an allusion to the public school style caning/bullying occasion than anything ghey, at all. :(

urgh, feeling queasy atm even despite spending the last 90 minutes in metros club just drinking water. A mix of jacks on the rocks, a couple of bottles of red, cider and beer really quite an awful combination I must say.

Just tried the most disappointing drink EVER. Morgan's Spiced Rum. Saw it on offer in Morrisons and thought "Hey that sounds good". Was expecting the taste of dark rum with a real hard edge, maybe ginger or chilli. You know, a proper hard man's drink, as favoured by pirates and Caribbean gun runners. Pshaw. Doesn't even taste like rum. It's a very soft, vanilla-flavoured, girly drink - and only 35% at that. What a let-down.

Hahahahahaha, you've got a bit of the Captain in you...

Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay is the girliest drink around: mango-, coconut-, or pineapple-flavored rum that's only 42 proof. That's the epitome of a bitch drink.

I prefer Sailor Jerry, which, at least in the USA, is 94 proof.

Nothing. You're not allowed to purchase beer in Norwegian stores after 8pm (6pm saturdays) and by the time I got home from training it was too late to go out. This particular piece of legislation has a tendendy to piss me off, as there is no rationale behind it whatsover. It was passed to please the Christian Democrats back in the day, and I've yet to hear a logical explanation for it.

Jesus H **** Christ...

I used to manage a liquor store just over the state line from Connecticut. Connecticut at this point probably has the most restrictive laws on alcohol sales in the USA.

No sales after 8pm on Monday-Saturday

No sales on Sunday

(for comparison, Massachusetts also used to prohibit sales on Sunday, but allowed sales until 11pm otherwise... the Sunday prohibition was repealed a few years back, over the objections of the liquor stores)

For some reason there would always be a ton of Connecticut license plates in the lot from 8:15 until about 9:30. Every once in a while we'd get folks driving up from New Haven (about 60 or so miles away)....

Every once in a while we'd get folks driving up from New Haven (about 60 or so miles away)....

You'd think they'd learn to think about it in advance and just buy it earlier in the week...

Just tried the most disappointing drink EVER. Morgan's Spiced Rum. Saw it on offer in Morrisons and thought "Hey that sounds good". Was expecting the taste of dark rum with a real hard edge, maybe ginger or chilli. You know, a proper hard man's drink, as favoured by pirates and Caribbean gun runners. Pshaw. Doesn't even taste like rum. It's a very soft, vanilla-flavoured, girly drink - and only 35% at that. What a let-down.

Hahahahahaha, you've got a bit of the Captain in you...

Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay is the girliest drink around: mango-, coconut-, or pineapple-flavored rum that's only 42 proof. That's the epitome of a bitch drink.

I prefer Sailor Jerry, which, at least in the USA, is 94 proof.

Ah, now that sounds a bit more like it!

(All this Hemingay I've been reading seems to have affected my Testosterone levels....)

(All this Hemingay I've been reading seems to have affected my Testosterone levels....)

The Hemingway rum treatment

In golden days past, perhaps the last days of great American literature, Earnest Hemingway and some friends decided that ordinary drinking was not good enough for real men and sought, without realizing its importance, the fastest way that a person could become seriously drunk. A brilliant method was devised by which the alcohol rich vapor of a high-proof beverage could be drawn into the lungs and go almost instantly into the bloodstream . They called this technique carburation, with a Spanish spelling, and by all accounts they had a wonderful time.

Tuberculosis is a lung disease that his killed millions and is returning to epidemic levels in large areas of the world today. Because the TB organism takes up residence in the lungs, the difficulty of getting medication to the site of infection was a serious barrier to successful treatment. For many years now, effective treatments have included "inhalation therapy" with, you guessed it, alcohol.

The technique for quickly ridding yourself of hostile microorganisms designed to invade the lungs takes advantage of these two relatively unknown facts. You will find that it is remarkably effective.

You will need an ounce or two of a high proof liquor or whiskey at room temperature. 80 proof equals 40 percent alcohol, which seems just fine. Your best bet is a clear or "white" rum that is commonly available (use Bacardi or better quality). Because of the primary ingredient you will not want to do this and drive, or any other meaningful activity for that matter, so bedtime is an appropriate choice. Pour about an ounce of rum in a mug and find a comfortable chair.

Practice breathing in through your mouth and out through your nose for a full minute. You will do this throughout the treatment and you don't want to have to stop and think about it.

Take a sip of the rum - about a tablespoon full.

Hold the rum in your mouth, swishing it around with your tongue for at least a full twenty seconds.

1. Breathe out through your nose - all the way.

2. Swallow the rum.

3. Take a deep breath in through your mouth, pulling alcohol vapor deep into you lungs.

4. Hold for five seconds.

5. Breathe out through your nose half way.

6. Inhale through your mouth and hold.

7. If you are pretty sure you've been infected, drive the alcohol vapor deeper into the lungs by trying to push the air out with mouth and nose firmly closed (Warning - push gently for only a short time since pushing too hard could result in ear drum damage.)

8. Finally, exhale through your nose again and relax, still breathing in through your mouth, out through your nose.

9. Repeat steps 1 - 9 with more rum until the rum is gone.

You will find that Papa Hemingway and his buddies did indeed create a marvelous technique for serious drinking. If you have not been infected with the new germ you will simply have had a pleasant and harmless experience with only enough alcohol to make a single weak drink.

As you get into the process, you may become a bit more brave and wish to increase it's potency. You can do this by swallowing half the rum in the mouth in the above process. Then, tilt your head downward and allow the remaining rum to accumulate in the front of your mouth before inhaling. Then breathe in through pursed lips and teeth, allowing the air stream to run right across the top of the liquid. This will pick up a much higher amount of alcohol vapor and may produce a coughing reflex the first time, but you can do it once you know what to expect.

People vary of course, but this is what you should experience IF a bug has been in your lungs for a while. The chest pain that many have associated with pleurisy, an ache that may suddenly appear when you move around, take a deep breath, go into a cold air, etc., will disappear immediately. You will also find, the next morning, that your breathing is easier, and that fluid production in the lungs is slowing down. You will know, without any doubt, that you are feeling better.

The first proof of real effectiveness will appear 12 to 18 hours after the treatment. If you are infected, it will create a massive die-off of microorganisms, and their little dead bodies, toxins, and associated debris must be cleaned up. Much of this will go through the lymph glands under your arms and you will experience an aching sensation there and perhaps some swelling. Since you know what it is, there is no reason to be alarmed. There are products and techniques for aiding the lymphatic system. You might want to see what's available.

You will observe that fluid production will continue to slow down, perhaps getting thicker. You will continue to breathe easier and feel better, despite any soreness from the lymph gland overload. Finally, from 24 to 48 hours after treatment, you may suddenly cough up a gelatinous mass that should be expectorated. It is probably too much to expect that a single treatment will get everything. Consequently you may find that several treatments, four or five days apart are a good idea.

I decided to crack open some of the Sailor Jerry tonight... it has occurred to me now that, when it comes to spiced rums, the lower the rank of the brand, the better the rum.

Sailor Jerry is definitely better than Captain Morgan, which is in turn better than Admiral Nelson.

Or, pictorially (in descending order):

sailor-jerry-rum_lg_html.jpg

captain_morgan.gif

20050607142848.jpg

Â