What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I picked up a mixed 12-pack of Michelob's "craft-style brews".

The Pale Ale is passable... but it claims to be an English-style pale ale, but using Cascade hops over East Kent Goldings? Actually that's a common problem when AB tries to get crafty. The Amber Bock, as great an example of a North American dark lager (think Tres Equis or Negra Modelo) as there is, simply isn't a bock.

Haven't tried the Irish Red, Marzen, or Porter yet.

These should go nicely with another batch of 4-5 Homicide episodes...

Just downed the Pale Ale... now I shall place my fate in the hands of the assembled multitudes... which of these should I drink next?

Irish Red (in honor of the Grand Slam, whatever that is)

Marzen (in honor of... erm... Bayern's presumable thumping of someone)

Porter (in honor of nothing in particular, I guess)

Amber Bock (in honor of me only having 5 or the 6-pack last night)

If I drink Stella I end up in trouble usually. It's not a COP-OUT

Correct Trimster!

Which is why I don't drink it when I go out on the town, it turns me into an arsehole and at times I can kick off.

My mates used to moan like **** at me if I drank it, to a point where I had to give in and see sense, proper loopy juice it is.

It's definately worthy of the 'wifebeater' tag it's gained...

If I drink Stella I end up in trouble usually. It's not a COP-OUT

Correct Trimster!

Which is why I don't drink it when I go out on the town, it turns me into an arsehole and at times I can kick off.

My mates used to moan like **** at me if I drank it, to a point where I had to give in and see sense, proper loopy juice it is.

It's definately worthy of the 'wifebeater' tag it's gained...

I'm glad someone else agrees. Don't let Bridget tell you any different :D

It'll send you round the bend proper, as a comparable to the wine-chugging few,

Carling/Fosters/Carlberg to Stella is like Stella to Tennents. That's going from bucket to trough.

Not a bad porter... they nailed the appearance. I've still got a bit of a cold, so I can't really judge the aroma (and that may throw my tasting notes off). It's a bit smokier than I'm used to from a porter, but the chocolate and coffee notes are about where they should be. There is perhaps hope for Anheuser-Busch after all.

Not really a match for Drayman's Porter or even Sam Adams Honey Porter, though.

Not a bad porter... they nailed the appearance. I've still got a bit of a cold, so I can't really judge the aroma (and that may throw my tasting notes off). It's a bit smokier than I'm used to from a porter, but the chocolate and coffee notes are about where they should be. There is perhaps hope for Anheuser-Busch after all.

That sounds reasonable, I had the impression before, that it might taste like piss coloured dark brown with a reddish tinge barely perceptible

The only real case of differences in drunkenness I've noted is that wine gives me a very relaxed high... it's almost like cannabis. Unfortunately, I generally prefer the taste of beer.

And the less said about the effects of the Sailor on me, the better...

Currently Chardonnay Sauvignon Blanc

Can't say that I've seen many Chard SB blends in my time... hell I can't say I've seen many (any?) blends of grapes historically associated with Bordeaux with those associated with Burgundy. Maybe I've been tainted by tasting one too many (which is to say one, period) excessively oaked New World Chards (I was about to write "American" there, but on reflection realized that the Antipodean houses go at least as far in overoaking the chardonnay), but I'm not seeing how that would work out that well.

If it was oaked I wouldn't be drinking it at all. The sauvignon crisps it up. It is very rarely that I'll touch a straight chardonnay because I'm leery of the oakiness.

I think this answers my earlier post with a big middle finger response.

Don't ever criticise anything I choose to do, particularly online if we've never met, when you talk about your leeriness of the oakiness. A typically toff-esq response to something you know nothing about.

Enjoy your none-oakiness this evening, don't forget Barnaby's homework x

Well, that gave me a good hoot!

Firstly, I didn't criticise anything you choose to do. Then you decide to have a go at me about my preferences regarding wine styles on the premise that having a preference is somehow toff-esq (sic) regarding something I know nothing about.

Do what you like. Fall asleep, puke, end up in trouble, ascribe your particular behaviour on any given evening to what you drank and what brand it was, I couldn't give a rat's ass what you do.

In answer to your question, my tipple will depend on my circumstances and mood. Wine, beer, spirits are all available. I suppose it is one of the advantages of having a sprawling country pile with a vast wine cellar, fridges full of beer and champagne and decanters full of spirits with refill bottles in the pantries.

Funnily enough, every drink you have mentioned I have drunk many times to excess - yes, even Leffe, both Blonde and Bruin that you seem to imagine is an esoteric pleasure.

Doesn't matter what I drink or how much, I don't get the urge to fight anyone. Mind you, that might be because when we get a bit lairy we saddle up the nags, release the hounds and hunt down some foxes. If not, that we get out the rifles and go out and cap some deer. Much more fun than brawling in the gutter with someone from the working classes after eight cans of Stella.

:lol:

Currently Chardonnay Sauvignon Blanc

Can't say that I've seen many Chard SB blends in my time... hell I can't say I've seen many (any?) blends of grapes historically associated with Bordeaux with those associated with Burgundy. Maybe I've been tainted by tasting one too many (which is to say one, period) excessively oaked New World Chards (I was about to write "American" there, but on reflection realized that the Antipodean houses go at least as far in overoaking the chardonnay), but I'm not seeing how that would work out that well.

If it was oaked I wouldn't be drinking it at all. The sauvignon crisps it up. It is very rarely that I'll touch a straight chardonnay because I'm leery of the oakiness.

I think this answers my earlier post with a big middle finger response.

Don't ever criticise anything I choose to do, particularly online if we've never met, when you talk about your leeriness of the oakiness. A typically toff-esq response to something you know nothing about.

Enjoy your none-oakiness this evening, don't forget Barnaby's homework x

Well, that gave me a good hoot!

Firstly, I didn't criticise anything you choose to do. Then you decide to have a go at me about my preferences regarding wine styles on the premise that having a preference is somehow toff-esq (sic) regarding something I know nothing about.

Do what you like. Fall asleep, puke, end up in trouble, ascribe your particular behaviour on any given evening to what you drank and what brand it was, I couldn't give a rat's ass what you do.

In answer to your question, my tipple will depend on my circumstances and mood. Wine, beer, spirits are all available. I suppose it is one of the advantages of having a sprawling country pile with a vast wine cellar, fridges full of beer and champagne and decanters full of spirits with refill bottles in the pantries.

Funnily enough, every drink you have mentioned I have drunk many times to excess - yes, even Leffe, both Blonde and Bruin that you seem to imagine is an esoteric pleasure.

Doesn't matter what I drink or how much, I don't get the urge to fight anyone. Mind you, that might be because when we get a bit lairy we saddle up the nags, release the hounds and hunt down some foxes. If not, that we get out the rifles and go out and cap some deer. Much more fun than brawling in the gutter with someone from the working classes after eight cans of Stella.

:lol:

Christ, I didn't realise we had HRH on here, maybe one should be a little more respectful towards Privateer from hereon, my mistake, apologies.... eh.

Fall asleep, puke, end up in trouble, ascribe your particular behaviour on any given evening to what you drank and what brand it was, I couldn't give a rat's ass what you do.

I do absolutely none of the above, and I haven't done for erm, 10 years?

Yet, those wine-chugging arrogant arseholes that drink the same (rather classy at times) establishments seem to do a good job, still, let us not pidgeon-hole ah what? That wouldn't be fair would it, you know, being a dirty cop-out Stella drinker and all.

Congrats for managing to drop that in, I nearly had to pop my head in a dictionary, the wife-beater must be making me dumb or something, I don't know. It's not about it being an esoteric pleasure at all, and you well know, it wasn't said in that tone, anyone can buy any of the drinks mentioned in mass from their local supermarket, you know perfectly well the point that is being made.

:lol: <---- Actual, real life, laugh out loud. Not at your dashing wit, but at the suggestion that you've never lost your temper with someone when you've been drinking. And by the way, your idea of humour is poor at best, if I was you, I'd stay off the vino for a bit, stick with the Carling or something, it'll stop slowing your brain for a bit x

'Homework Barnaby'

:crylaugh: Even better! You are rising like one of the brown trout to a dry fly on one of my lakes on a lovely summer's evening.

You may have lost your temper when you've been drinking, I don't. I laugh, then I laugh some more.

And ask yourself, having reviewed your posts, who has pidgeon-holed (sic) whom?

Â