What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

****....i'm wankered...and have been since yesterday afternoon!

This weekend i have drunk:

Guinness

Budweiser

Peroni

Corona

Hoegaarden

Leffe

JD and coke

Is Leffe the best beer in the world?

No, but Guiness definitely is.

As I am away for the weekend for a training camp with the U15 side I coach, there obviously hasn't been too much drinking. Just had a couple cans of lager (Ringnes, Norwegian brew, cheap and not very good) in my room with my assistants after the boys had settled in their rooms for the night.

Wouldn't the perfect weekend require the perfect finish in order to maintain its perfection?

You'd think so...

When boy has weekend with young lady that is so SO enjoyable, so PERFECT, the absence of Red Stripe in his life is nothingness, Boy doesn't care any further, because Boy's mind is so far elsewhere

So no, and Wiki said so :D

Wouldn't the perfect weekend require the perfect finish in order to maintain its perfection?

You'd think so...

When boy has weekend with young lady that is so SO enjoyable, so PERFECT, the absence of Red Stripe in his life is nothingness, Boy doesn't care any further, because Boy's mind is so far elsewhere

I stand corrected.

So it was the Harvey Haddix of weekends...

Haddix will always be remembered for taking a perfect game into the 13th inning of a game against the Milwaukee Braves on May 26, 1959. Haddix retired 36 consecutive batters in 12 innings, but his Pittsburgh teammates didn't score, as Braves pitcher Lew Burdette was also pitching a shutout.

After a fielding error by Don Hoak ended the perfect game in the bottom of the 13th, the runner was advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt, which was followed by an intentional walk to Hank Aaron. Joe Adcock then hit a home run, ending the no hitter and the game. However, in the confusion, Aaron left the basepaths and was passed by Adcock for the second out. Eventually the hit was changed from a home run to a double by a ruling from National League president Warren Giles; instead of three runs on a home run, only the first Braves run counted. But the game ended there, with the Pirates and Haddix losing 1–0.

Haddix's 12 and 2/3-inning, one-hit complete game, against the team that had just represented the NL in the previous two World Series, is considered by many to be the best pitching performance in major league history.

After the game, Haddix received many letters of congratulations and support, as well as one from a fraternity which read, in its entirety, "Dear Harv, tough shit." "It made me mad," recounted Haddix, "until I realized they were right. That's exactly what it was."

Perfection until the very end, but the greatest weekend in history?

You'd think so...

I stand corrected.

So it was the Harvey Haddix of weekends...

Haddix will always be remembered for taking a perfect game into the 13th inning of a game against the Milwaukee Braves on May 26, 1959. Haddix retired 36 consecutive batters in 12 innings, but his Pittsburgh teammates didn't score, as Braves pitcher Lew Burdette was also pitching a shutout.

After a fielding error by Don Hoak ended the perfect game in the bottom of the 13th, the runner was advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt, which was followed by an intentional walk to Hank Aaron. Joe Adcock then hit a home run, ending the no hitter and the game. However, in the confusion, Aaron left the basepaths and was passed by Adcock for the second out. Eventually the hit was changed from a home run to a double by a ruling from National League president Warren Giles; instead of three runs on a home run, only the first Braves run counted. But the game ended there, with the Pirates and Haddix losing 1–0.

Haddix's 12 and 2/3-inning, one-hit complete game, against the team that had just represented the NL in the previous two World Series, is considered by many to be the best pitching performance in major league history.

After the game, Haddix received many letters of congratulations and support, as well as one from a fraternity which read, in its entirety, "Dear Harv, tough shit." "It made me mad," recounted Haddix, "until I realized they were right. That's exactly what it was."

Perfection until the very end, but the greatest weekend in history?

I know not of this rounders you quote Ramsey! All I say is, the maximum perfect score was 10, I'd exceeded and got to 12, lack of Red Stripe meant minus one, so I'm currently 11, I still have a buffer on the perfect perfectness of the weekend of one.

And now it's Monday too!

Most Perfect Weekend in EUROPE!

Had a couple of Grolsch earlier. Not bad.

Grolsch is lovely, but it gives me a rather horrible drunkness. Like a THICK drunk. If you think Stella makes you angry, Grolsch makes you docile. It's hard to explain, but it's very nice anyway.

Best beer the union bar had on tap. Don't mind it really, but I do know what you're saying. It makes you properly gormless if you have a load.

Yeah, never aggressive (from personal experience obviously, I've not conducted a survey) just turns you into a complete and utter mong.

Strange, but in the right situation, highly enjoyable :)

Â