Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Well they've killed 80 odd people in the journalist/news media industry in this conflict and they've got a strong record of killing journalists over the years so I wouldn't quibble too much about a slightly hyperbolic comment because they've not shot everyone from the BBC yet. Unless we're all to discuss this topic like we've got autism to help protect Israel for some reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Well they've killed 80 odd people in the journalist/news media industry in this conflict and they've got a strong record of killing journalists over the years so I wouldn't quibble too much about a slightly hyperbolic comment because they've not shot everyone from the BBC yet. Unless we're all to discuss this topic like we've got autism to help protect Israel for some reason.

It's very draining when there's thousands of videos and images of the war crimes being committed and you get pulled up on the semantics of one word in one sentence. This thread has followed the same pattern for the last few months. 

I mean I am getting pulled up about a source of someone being executed when there's hundreds of examples of it in the last few months. It was only a few weeks ago we were discussing a video of someone being executed whilst holding a white flag. It's not out of the realms of possibility that they did it again. 

Time for a break from this thread. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Its not my problem if you didn't get the joke

Trying to find a joke there is like trying to find a needle in the New Guinea rainforest with only your arse, and never having heard of a needle or having any concept of 'sharp things'.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Hard to get a dependable source for any of these stories, when Israel insist on executing every journalist in Gaza.

I think as a rule of thought, it's time to take a good hard step away from X. It's turned into an unregulated cesspool of racism, false narratives and the worst of both right and left wing extremism.

Especially when you get people like Owen Jones para-quoting what looks like a credible newssource with no actual proof of the claim then I think it's safe to say that it's the same level of BS that we see Israel doing with their 'tunnels' and 'stuff hidden behind the MRI machine - look!!'.

It's naive to think that Iran\Russia\Hamas doesn't have the same PR-machine going as Israel, you see it under essentially every post that is Pro-Palestinian and any person speaking out on anything related to this, so I think a lot of people could do better with actually testing the water before falling flat on their face in it.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It's very draining when there's thousands of videos and images of the war crimes being committed and you get pulled up on the semantics of one word in one sentence. This thread has followed the same pattern for the last few months. 

I mean I am getting pulled up about a source of someone being executed when there's hundreds of examples of it in the last few months. It was only a few weeks ago we were discussing a video of someone being executed whilst holding a white flag. It's not out of the realms of possibility that they did it again. 

Time for a break from this thread. 

Which is commendable. But you keep posting videos and articles from people who have clearly not verified what they're posting, or worse yet, have completely lied about what it is we are seeing. It's not many days ago since you posted that video from low-key who essentially got taken apart within minutes. It keeps happening. No one in this thread is posting stuff from the IDF or Pro-Israel side without at least saying that it's likely propaganda. 

It's extremely tiring to one's emotional state if you're going to believe everything that the accounts you post from write all the time, while some of it may be true, a lot of it isn't. Just like it isn't when Israeli sources do the same thing to whip up their base.

If you go an look at the videos claimed to be of what you're saying is happening, they're posted by the Quds network and Mads Gilbert, if those aren't red flags to you then I don't know what is.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Which is commendable. But you keep posting videos and articles from people who have clearly not verified what they're posting, or worse yet, have completely lied about what it is we are seeing. It's not many days ago since you posted that video from low-key who essentially got taken apart within minutes. It keeps happening. No one in this thread is posting stuff from the IDF or Pro-Israel side without at least saying that it's likely propaganda. 

It's extremely tiring to one's emotional state if you're going to believe everything that the accounts you post from write all the time, while some of it may be true, a lot of it isn't. Just like it isn't when Israeli sources do the same thing to whip up their base.

I actually took it apart myself if you look back at the thread. I still don’t think executing a 14 year old child with a knife is the way to go. You could just shoot him in the leg and have him detained. But that’s another argument. 

This thread follows the same pattern. For every 20 legitimate stories and news sources there may be 1 which comes from someone you don’t like (not necessarily false). We then spend the next 4/5 pages arguing about that and ignoring the 99% of evidence against Israel or reports of war crimes. Bickster then shows up and backs you up and then we start the cycle again. The one I’ve just posted from Owen Jones is well known story. Others have posted it too. There’s videos of it. I’m not allowed to post those videos on here.

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I actually took it apart myself if you look back at the thread. I still don’t think executing a 14 year old child with a knife is the way to go. You could just shoot him in the leg and have him detained. But that’s another argument. 

This thread follows the same pattern. For every 20 legitimate stories and news sources there may be 1 which comes from someone you don’t like (not necessarily false). We then spend the next 4/5 pages arguing about that and ignoring the 99% of evidence against Israel or reports of war crimes. Bickster then shows up and backs you up and then we start the cycle again. The one I’ve just posted from Owen Jones is well known story. Others have posted it too. There’s videos of it. I’m not allowed to post those videos on here.

As far as I can see the original video comes from Mads Gilbert and the Quds network, those aren't 'news sources'. They're well known Iranian/Islamist propagandists.

What you call execution isn't an execution though is it. If you run at a policeman with a knife and he shoots you it's not an execution. The same would happen in the UK, in America, in pretty much every country in the world. You seem to think that because the person who shot was Israeli, it makes the situation an execution.

There's plenty of videos of the IDF perpetrating serious war crimes, it's just that when you post something extremely hyperbolic like what you called an 'execution' or this latest thing, it often comes from very dubious unverified places. Like that time you posted a video of the 'IDF' shooting at 'Israelis' with their apaches. It wasn't remotely true, and turned out to be from a known propaganda account.

Just stay away from X and you avoid 99% of the fakery.

Pretty sure we had someone use Times of Israel as the source for a story about how there were no cops in the street in Sweden for a pro-Palestine protest. There were extensive coverage of it in Swedish media and telly showing police on most corners and following the crowd but the Israeli source managed to get some film clips showing spots with no police. Then story story banded out was that there was no police on the streets.

On that, here's centre-left leaning NewsNation reporting on some claims about some 'journalists' in Gaza. Weirdly some of these 'journalists' are the source of a lot of the very graphic images on Oct 7th. I think, as with Israel making claims about who a lot of the killed were on Oct 7th, you can apply the term 'journalist' loosely to at least some of the claimed journalists killed so far.

A lot of the numbers bandied around about killed journalists are from Al-Jazeera, yet when they're confronted with who their journalists were the articles and videos made by said journalists quickly disappear from their pages and channels. In any case, it makes the lives of actual journalists less safe.

Edited by magnkarl

The BBC are reporting 77 journalists killed in Gaza in total since October.

Of course, this could just be the usual BBC Verify pro Hamas bias.

Over the years the IDF really have had some terrible bad luck with the number of journalists they’ve accidentally shot.

Actually I think you'll find that of every journalist they've intentionally actually shot/blown up/assisted into the next life in a gentle manner, 100% of them were not journalists, who claimed to have worked for enemy organisations that hold themselves out as news offices but actually just reported things that may or may not be true, besides which everyone knows Hamas is running around putting bodies they found next to video cameras, mics and notebooks, and making fake social media profiles of any Tom Dick or Muhammad's body they've acquired by nefarious means claiming they were journalists. The only actual journalists Israel has killed are the ones they shot accidentally while shooting at them. Which isn't many because they kindly killed all the other ones before this.

And anyway can you blame them killing so called journalists when they're all antisemites.

• Like 1

I like Howard Jacobson, and I watched that last night.

It left me just sad for him, sad for Jewish people, sad for Palestinians, and sad for the mixed message he was giving out and the knowledge that debate is being controlled and stifled. Had I said similar things, but from a Gazan perspective, there would have been strong accusations against me. I was particularly saddened when he suggested that if you are an anti semite once, then you are for life. No chance of education, remorse, forgiveness, no chance to change hearts and minds. 

When the accusation is made so easily, and then we are told you can never change and never be forgiven, well what a desperate mess we have created. One that allows monsters to thrive.

• Like 2

Â