Smelly Stuff

abdomlahor

I expect most people to just stick to the one or two aftershaves they get for Christmas 'til they'e empty, but some people like myself enjoy collecting them. Considering I only started getting into collecting them about six months ago I have a decent haul of 15 and many samples I'll get round to buying a full bottle of.

Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled

Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt

Yves Saint-Laurent - La Nuit de l'Homme

Christian Dior - Dior Homme Intense

Creed - Green Irish Tweed

Creed - Aventus

Jean-Paul Gaultier - Le Male

Christian Dior - Fahrenheit

Christian Dior - Fahrenheit Absolute

Issey Miyake - L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme

Ralph Lauren - Big Pony #4

Burberry - London

Burberry - Touch

Lacoste - Elegance

John Varvatos - Vintage

Some more expensive than others. My top three based on smell alone would probably have to be Green Irish Tweed, Dior Homme Intense and La Nuit de l'Homme.

Edited by adz.villa

I was gifted a bottle of that a few years ago as it happens. I remember thinking that the name was quite misleading as I think it's quite fruity/sweet. Could be wrong.

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 1

Hermès - Terre d'Hermès

I've been meaning to get my nose on this one for a while. It's got great reviews, but I keep forgetting about it. Must get a sample soon.

Definitely worth a try, price has come down a lot now as well. Wish Creed wasn't so expensive!

Green Irish Tweed and Aventus are both masterpieces. GIT is renowned for being similar to Davidoff's Cool Water (Or vice-versa I'd argue) but it's just a cheap imitation. Aventus is perhaps the more versatile frag in my collection. Suitable for any occasion, and never fails to get a compliment. Women love it too.

Chanel - Allure Pour Homme, which seems to get positive remarks from the ladies.

It's the only one I have as just ran out of my Bulgari - BLV Pour Homme

I only have them as gifts as i never buy them. I don't seem to have the nose or the appreciation of them. I can't pick out the nuances between them. I just go on what other people say!

Chanel - Allure Pour Homme, which seems to get positive remarks from the ladies.

Yeah that's one's a renowned ladykiller. Doesn't last very long though apparently, but it can differ between different people.

I don't really wear them for other people myself. I just wear what I like. One of my favourites is the original Dior Fahrenheit which can give off a kinda petroleum vibe to some. At a guess I'd say about 1/3 people don't like it, but the others love it. Very original scent.

Edited by adz.villa

Â