Smelly Stuff

abdomlahor

I've got half a dozen bottles of aftershave in the bathroom, most of them have already been mentioned in this thread.  Oddly the thing I use the most at the moment is a cheap and cheerful thing from Lush of all places. 

DLPYEe5.jpg

The blurb on the bottle sells it as something to have a Mexican shower with, which is kinda odd. It smells very fresh, quite light but I would't have a clue how to describe it more than that.  

• Like 1

Didn't we do this once before ?

I like the Hugo Boss stuff but I don't have a particular loyalty to any brand , I'll wear whatever I'm given or buy

I've got some Amouge stuff that was a freebie when I stayed at the Burj... Its kinda expensive and it seems a shame to wear it for every day use ... Which sorta defeats the object of it and why I don't tend to buy anything expensive ...

Edited by tonyh29

I like the Hugo Boss stuff but I don't have a particular loyalty to any brand , I'll wear whatever I'm given or buy

I've got some Amouge stuff that was a freebie when I stayed at the Burj... Its kinda expensive and it seems a shame to wear it for every day use ... Which sorta defeats the object of it and why I don't tend to buy anything expensive ...

Which Amouage do you have out of interest?

Acqua di Parma Essenza when I'm fresh out of the shower;

Issey Miyake Sport for summer days;

Gucci Guilty for normal nights out;

Kilian - Straight to Heaven for nights out when I want to make an impression.

Very nice. I tried Kilian's Back to Black but wasn't really a fan. Heard good things about Straight to Heaven.

Don't wear aftershave... don't shave either.

Brut smells great though.

Always wondered where the term 'aftershave' came from. Did people put it on before they shaved or something?

Alcohol was used after shaving as a disinfectant for any cuts, and then scent was added. It's going a long time.

Very nice. I tried Kilian's Back to Black but wasn't really a fan. Heard good things about Straight to Heaven.

It's amazing.  If you've never had the full sales pitch you should go into a Harvey Nicks and have them tell you the concepts behind them.  Straight to Heaven is also called White Cristal.  One of the top notes is rum, and the overall vibe is that it's inspired by rum and coke.  Not the brown fizzy kind...

That's one fragrance of a collection inspired by the different stages of being in love.  One of them is sickly sweet, another one bitter.  He's a clever lad that Kilian Hennessy.

A couple of years ago I went to a talk by Roger Dove who used to be a parfumier at Guerlain.  It was an amazing experience.  There's so much that goes into it all.

It's amazing.  If you've never had the full sales pitch you should go into a Harvey Nicks and have them tell you the concepts behind them.  Straight to Heaven is also called White Cristal.  One of the top notes is rum, and the overall vibe is that it's inspired by rum and coke.  Not the brown fizzy kind...

That's one fragrance of a collection inspired by the different stages of being in love.  One of them is sickly sweet, another one bitter.  He's a clever lad that Kilian Hennessy.

A couple of years ago I went to a talk by Roger Dove who used to be a parfumier at Guerlain.  It was an amazing experience.  There's so much that goes into it all.

Yeah, that's why I'm willing to pay more money for niche fragrances. You can tell the amount of time and effort put into them.

I've got half a dozen bottles of aftershave in the bathroom, most of them have already been mentioned in this thread.  Oddly the thing I use the most at the moment is a cheap and cheerful thing from Lush of all places. 

DLPYEe5.jpg

The blurb on the bottle sells it as something to have a Mexican shower with, which is kinda odd. It smells very fresh, quite light but I would't have a clue how to describe it more than that.  

I guess calling it an "Italian Shower" as per the label is probably mildly racist.  It was a 'student shower' when I were a lad.

It's called "Gold" looking at the bottle Edited by tonyh29

today I'm rocking Sainsbury own brand deoderant / anti perspirant

it's so floral and pretty I've had to check the bottle, it says MEN in big letters so I'm reassured I haven't made some terrible cross dressing error

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

Nearly everything from armani is something I like. Currently using versace something and gucci. Also have a white lacoste which is surprisingly good actually. Not so big on sticks anymore since everyone I try end up being weaker than stuff like nivea and such.

It's called "Gold" looking at the bottle

Ouf, nice. I'll give your £40 for it.  :ph34r:

Nearly everything from armani is something I like. Currently using versace something and gucci. Also have a white lacoste which is surprisingly good actually. Not so big on sticks anymore since everyone I try end up being weaker than stuff like nivea and such.

I don't mind Armani to be honest. Code is a classic. Versace's The Dreamer is a great frag, I need to get a bottle of it. Cheap too.

Edited by adz.villa

Â