The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Problem is was one given the other day might have been Community Shield when the defender had his back turned and the ball was headed into his hand and it was given.

I dont think either are penalties but you cant be selective

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Problem is was one given the other day might have been Community Shield when the defender had his back turned and the ball was headed into his hand and it was given.

Yeah inconsistency is the bigger issue. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep, was talked about after the rangers game, if the rule is your arm is out and the ball hits it and it doesn't matter how or why its a penalty then that is a penalty 

Its soft as shit and the majority don't want it but if that's the rule then that's the rule 

That's handball 

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought the one in the Community Shield was a pen, but the Rangers one and that Arsenal one just aren't/shouldn't be.

I see they have started early this season.

Strike 1 - (Dubious)  Brighton 2-0 up at Old Trafford, Disgusting leg breaking tackle from McTominay.....VAR fails to turn the given Yellow into a red.

Strike 2 - (Disgusting) Then even worse an absolute stone wall penalty for Brighton when the UTD player rams into the back of the Brigton player blatantly pushing him over....Guess what! Of course no penalty given.

Strike 3 - (Clearly corruption at play) Now UTD score and the ball hits the arm of the UTD player in build up - Strike 3 Goal given.

Disgusting and corrupt. As ever Utd losing and in trouble, all of a sudden absoltuely everything starts to go their way assisted by the ref & a clearly corrupt VAR system.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure as I had no sound on but did they look at a Digne shirt pull during that incident? 

There was a shirt pull but it happens before Gordon fouls Emi so maybe they discounted it or simply missed both. Gordon is a disgraceful cheat.

I didn't see the match, but was it that there were three big VAR decisions in the Forest - West Ham match? If so, what does that say about the quality of on the pitch refereeing?

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Not sure they check for free-kicks. Otherwise it is match-fixing or something.

They checked it as a potential red card situation (violent conduct) , even showed the graphic on screen that they had.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Â