The Banner!

AvfcRigo82

Okay folks.

With the Steve Bruce thread being a little bit chaotic with everything I felt this perhaps might warrant a thread of it's own.

Now regardless of everything from both sides of the park, plaudits or critisms etc, the question needs asked.  

Would a way of communicating back to Steve Bruce following recent media jibes and outbursts work by displaying a banner in the Holte end?

While emotions run high suggestions should be made with sensibility at the back of ones mind.

So, Would a temporary banner at Villa Park work and if so, what would you say on it?

My suggestion:

It's not Hysteria - We just want promoted!

Discuss please..

There’s been some discussion recently about whether the club is a laughing stock.

This banner would certainly make sure the fans are seen that way.

Please can you add a rider along the bottom - “This banner represents the views of a small number of anti-Steve Bruce obsessives and by no means reflects the sentiments of most Villa fans”

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

"GEORDIE,NOT SO SHORE"

In all seriousness, as much as our style of play and up and down form grates me, until we really start looking out of the hunt of at least a playoff place I think it may cause more trouble than sticking with Brucie.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t agree with the idea. 

But if you do go through with it, at least have it make sense :D

That's a shame but I accept it will not be everyones cup of tea either.

I guess that's why this thread has been opened, hopefully if enough sensible suggestions can be put together then you might just get your wish of a banner that makes sense.  ;)

If not or the notion is against then thats how it is.

I am sure you might agree (I won't hold my breath) the sensible thing being is to test the water first with the idea rather than to just jump right in and do it.

You might call it running a 'project' but with sense and sensibility.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's a shame but I accept it will not be everyones cup of tea either.

I guess that's why this thread has been opened, hopefully if enough sensible suggestions can be put together then you might just get your wish of a banner that makes sense.  ;)

If not or the notion is against then thats how it is.

I am sure you might agree (I won't hold my breath) the sensible thing being is to test the water first with the idea rather than to just jump right in and do it.

You might call it running a 'project' but with sense and sensibility.

I don't really care what you do.

I just want to make sure that if you make a banner, it actually makes grammatical sense so we don't look even more stupid than the banner would make us look in the first place :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really care what you do.

I just want to make sure that if you make a banner, it actually makes grammatical sense so we don't look even more stupid than the banner would make us look in the first place :D 

I admire your obsession.

I think the only way this will work, and not make us look like the type of idiots who carry coffins through the town with ‘RIP Our Great Club’, is if you have a series of banners, expressing the full and clear views of the fans. Much like how German teams make a right go of the banner thing.

To do this, I suggest you (@AvfcRigo82), order (and pay for) all of the following banners, and hold them up side-by-side across the Holte:

”It’s not hysteria - We just want promotion”

”Can we score more than 1 goal?”

”You do realise that Villa fans will be a bag of nerves if we get through to the play-offs?”

”Dr Tony went to Rome, but some of us think he might have borrowed the money to get there. Answers please!”

”Steve. What’s up hun? xoxo”

“We made some Bruce Banners - You won’t like us when we’re angry”

”Geordie, not so shore”

(that last one is courtesy of @dounavilla, credit where it’s due).

So there you go Rigo, get them ordered. Also maybe a huge cartoon banner of Bruce strangling a baby or something, just to please the guys in the Steve Bruce thread.

• Haha 1

Â