The Banner!

AvfcRigo82

Never liked the idea of banners. There is no way of determining how many fans share the view of the message. 

The best way of conveying a message has always been through chanting. 

This is way off topic but it reminds me when I was watching the Maltese premier league on holiday. It was a 'double bill' of Marxalokk vs. Hamrun Spartans followed by Valetta vs. Sliema and so a bit of a rivals match. You pays your money and all four sets of fans watch the first game, but only two sets are chanting and singing etc,  then after the first match the other two start and the fans of the first 2 teams just stay for the next game. Anyway before the Valetta game the Valetta fans are doing this big chant about Sliema when slowly the Sliema fans opposite (it was at the national stadium and so the fans were sat on the lengthways stands) unfurl this big Andy Warhol Che Guevara style picture of this old feller in a suit with a separate corresponding banner underneath saying 'RESPECT the CLUB'. Upon which all the Valetta fans stopped chanting and started a big round of applause. I had no idea what was going on, the guy next to us said the Silema guy has something to do with founding the Maltese FA or league or something. I just imagined us getting stick on away days and we just reveal a big picture of Mcgregor with 'Respect the club' and all the other fans applauding us :D

Â