Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/12/17 at 19:30

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

No one above 5/10 most of them below. I thought Chester was OK and let down by the clown next to him, Grealish probably on par with him but was largely shite in his execution. 

Yep and adomah was ok. Rest shit shit shit. rocket polishers let us down again.

whelan last week jedinak this week. Aston Villa the club that loves giving

I must have been watching a different game, I thought we were alright compared to recent performances. Grealish was superb, completely different team with him in the starting 11. Unlucky not to nick it in the second half. Take away Jedinaks two individual mistakes and we were by far the better team. Not much Bruce can do about Jedi completely missing the ball twice, but I imagine Bruce will take the flak for it 

• Like 3

16 points behind Wolves at half way. It is almost impossible to achieve that level of performance with our players. He has got to go. We never play well. Today we were good for 10 minutes and then awful for 80. Bringing on Gabby and Hogan killed any chance we had of getting anything more than a point. They were both woeful.

We will still be in the Championship when Bruce finally gets sacked. May as well roll the dice now.

• Like 4

We are dreadful, actually shockingly bad. How have we spent so much money and not assembled a bench that can cover the centre back position? Why on gods earth do we have so many full backs? 

Why do we insist on just booting the ball aimlessly at NO-ONE. Whelan is the biggest culprit of this. Especially when you being on two strikers under 6 foot, PLAY IT TO FEET FFS.

Why did we take Snodgrass off for a FULLBACK? 

I'm beyond angry, this is dross and we are in danger of sliding into horrendos form and not recovering. I am not confident JT will come in and change our fortune so drastically.

Edited by carewjust4u
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep and adomah was ok. Rest shit shit shit. rocket polishers let us down again.

whelan last week jedinak this week. Aston Villa the club that loves giving

I thought Adomah was shite tbf, offered little quality and dwelled on the ball too much, needs to get it into the box a lot quicker.

Just now, carewjust4u said:

We are dreadful, actually shockingly bad. How have we spent so much money and not assembled a bench that can cover the centre back position? Why on gods earth do we have so many full backs? 

You have to wonder why we continue to pay Elphick a wage if that double calamity wasn't enough to bring him on from the bench.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

I must have been watching a different game, I thought we were alright compared to recent performances. Grealish was superb, completely different team with him in the starting 11. Unlucky not to nick it in the second half. Take away Jedinaks two individual mistakes and we were by far the better team. Not much Bruce can do about Jedi completely missing the ball twice, but I imagine Bruce will take the flak for it 

Jedinak had a bad game against Derby, and we had Elphick on the bench...an actual centre back.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The only positive I can really take from that is he at least threw on a couple of strikers to try to get the points at the end.

Another abysmal day od Bruceball though. 10 points off Cardiff ends any hopes of automatic promotion. With our form against the top teams, the playoffs will just be a disappointment. 

Cardiff won’t go up - derby will. 

‘We will be lucky to finish 6th and need some real quality loans in January 

2 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Jack was the best of a bad bunch along with adomah, but superb!? His mobility was good but when did he hit a long range shot on target, beat a player or make a pass to split the defense. Don’t get me wrong The system is not set up for him and he was def targeted by them today. This should however tell us that Bruce has no system and can’t get the best out of our most technically gifted player. 

Ps where’s o hare? He’s looked lively when I’ve seen him. Needs to be getting minutes imo 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Grealish was many things but superb ? Definitely not !

Â