Pre match chit chat

villa89

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me, Adomah is a player at his best running with and onto the ball, his weakness is his strength and inability to hold it up - I would say he's the weakest of the five midfield players in today's team at that for example - he's a Championship Ashley Young if you like.

OT but the Young upfront (free role) experiment still gives me nightmares

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me, Adomah is a player at his best running with and onto the ball, his weakness is his strength and inability to hold it up - I would say he's the weakest of the five midfield players in today's team at that for example - he's a Championship Ashley Young if you like.

Davis on the other hand is a big strong boy who is incredibly good at taking the ball with a defender on his back, holding it up and bringing people into play - he's got some other abilities, but his all round game isn't much more than okay - the thing is he's so good at holding the ball up that it elevates him - he's as good as I've seen in the country at it - almost Drogba like in the way he can hold off a defender. It's not just his biggest strength, it's a strength that absolutely dominates his game. 

For me Davis's strength is Adomah's weakness and vice versa. A big old fashioned number nine and a quick slender winger.

I am talking about Onomah not Adomah

I hope Adomah continues to play left wing, he has been fantastic in that position, would be a mistake to disrupt that by playing him in another position imo. Onomah could probably do a job up front, but It must be like a real punch in the stomach for Hogan, can't get a game even when all other strikers are out... he is on the bench so he must be ready. Very strange this. 

• Like 1

Strange line up, but how many times in the pre-match thread have we seen all over the top comments come back and haunt us, let’s see how it goes before we condemn it to a loss, granted it might be, or it could be a Bruce doing some sort of tactic thing ha. 

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I am talking about Onomah not Adomah

Ha! Sorry, you typed Anomah in your original post.

I'm not sure if Anomah would be a good player or not.

Again, I don't think Onomah and Davis are particularly alike, but they are a little more alike than Adomah and Davis.

I‘m actually going to go with Bruce on this line up.

IF............

Back 4 = check

Jedi in at CB is a no brainer.

Elmo as a RB with licence to push on will give Snod the oppertunity to play a little more in from the right.

MF - Whelan holding - as expected.

Onomah Hourihane getting up and down through the middle

Snod - Grealish - Adomah as players trying to make something happen in the final third.

Having no focal point up front may give Snod Onomah Grealish Hourihane & Adomah the chance to work the ball, run, carry and pass through at CB‘s who end up just waiting for someone running in on them. We could see a number of free-kicks around their box and Hourihane getting a goal or 2.

However if its just a ploy to sit-back and grind out a 0-0 then Bruce has well and truly lost all sense of perspective as a manager

Edited by Grasshopper
spelling & at for in corrected
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ha! Sorry, you typed Anomah in your original post.

I'm not sure if Anomah would be a good player or not.

Again, I don't think Onomah and Davis are particularly alike, but they are a little more alike than Adomah and Davis.

Yep Adomah and Davis are not too alike!

He may only have scored twice this season - in convincing away triumphs - but Aston Villa striker Keinan Davis is attracting a lot of attention.

The last teenager to play this many minutes in a league season for Villa was James Milner in 2005-06, and he went on to do OK didn't he.

The extent of Davis' involvement may partly be down to injuries, but today's opponents Derby will be more than aware of what the 19-year-old can produce.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42146284

up with the goings on in the EFL then BBC. lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

I have to assume Hogan and Gabby just aren't fit enough to play more than 20-30 minutes. I don't know why else we'd play Adomah at striker.

I will stay optimistic. Adomah has surprised us this season.

Doubt Adomah will be moved up front IMO

Not sure of our team. Seems a bit strange to not start a striker but Adomah has been in good scoring form. I guess we will see how he does as a lone striker but not sure he has ever played that role before. 

They are playing 4-3-3 with a front three strikers of Nugent, Vydra and Weimann so our back four are going to be busy today. 

I think (hope) it will be tight but can see us losing a close game by the odd goal.

16 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I‘m actually going to go with Bruce on this line up.

IF............

Back 4 = check

Jedi in at CB is a no brainer.

Elmo as a RB with licence to push on will give Snod the oppertunity to play a little more in from the right.

MF - Whelan holding - as expected.

Onomah Hourihane getting up and down through the middle

Snod - Grealish - Adomah as players trying to make something happen in the final third.

Having no focal point up front may give Snod Onomah Grealish Hourihane & Adomah the chance to work the ball, run, carry and pass through at CB‘s who end up just waiting for someone running in on them. We could see a number of free-kicks around their box and Hourihane getting a goal or 2.

However if its just a ploy to sit-back and grind out a 0-0 then Bruce has well and truly lost all sense of perspective as a manager

Wtf?! Grasshopper is with Bruce.... Bruce in?!