Match Thread: Villa v Ipswich

limpid

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Yep really, think pinball, or just hitting it forward as often and as fast as you can.

It's worked, it's far from good football though, now we have a nice two goal cushion our ball allergy might make things a bit more difficult than they should be.

It's not lazy posting, I'm watching it, 3 points is great, we have been FAR from good though as a team. We have some very useful players at this level though which seeing how much money we've chucked at this league is surely the minimum you'd expect?

The second half has been controlled, with some nice passing and link up play at times. We are clearing some from the back, but it's certainly not all that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So I've looked into the thread to see how people are enjoying the match and - yawn - I read posts where people are complaining about how we are crap, poor, not convincing, etc.

Oh dear, this sort of lazy posting is becoming a habit some people seem unable to break. My only source of information about the match today is the BBC web site which tells me we have had more possession than Ipswich and 15 shots compared to their 5. And I'm reading about attack after Villa attack compared to a few forays by Ipswich.

So...maybe not totally crap, poor, etc.,then? Not as bad as it was against Cardiff for example?

C'mon guys, try to comment on what is actually happening on the pitch, not a stereotype you can't get out of your heads.

And just as I went to press the button Albert got a second!!!

Still poor, crap, unconvincing etc., guys???

REALLY?

I understand how there can be a disconnect between what we see and the stats..

We have been playing poor and the game has been lacking a flow because of all sorts of reasons.

That said we are winning so that is ultimately what counts. Though when we see players playing badly it will get commented on as the one thing you can't see through BBC is the individual player performances.

Ultimately you're commenting on eye witness accounts regardless of what picture the stats paint.

Come on you've watched football before, you should know that often what is seen on the pitch doesn't match up to the stats, we've been average today yet still dominating so go figure.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I understand how there can be a disconnect between what we see and the stats..

We have been playing poor and the game has been lacking a flow because of all sorts of reasons.

That said we are winning so that is ultimately what counts. Though when we see players playing badly it will get commented on as the one thing you can't see through BBC is the individual player performances.

Ultimately you're commenting on eye witness accounts regardless of what picture the stats paint.

Come on you've watched football before, you should know that often what is seen on the pitch doesn't match up to the stats, we've been average today yet still dominating so go figure.

The move that ended in the Davis offside goal was our best stuff of the game for me. We could clearly do more of that if they weren't going straight up top seemingly first chance they get whether it's on or not, if it's not on, there's nothing wrong with coming back and waiting and then trying again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So I've looked into the thread to see how people are enjoying the match and - yawn - I read posts where people are complaining about how we are crap, poor, not convincing, etc.

Oh dear, this sort of lazy posting is becoming a habit some people seem unable to break. My only source of information about the match today is the BBC web site which tells me we have had more possession than Ipswich and 15 shots compared to their 5. And I'm reading about attack after Villa attack compared to a few forays by Ipswich.

So...maybe not totally crap, poor, etc.,then? Not as bad as it was against Cardiff for example?

C'mon guys, try to comment on what is actually happening on the pitch, not a stereotype you can't get out of your heads.

And just as I went to press the button Albert got a second!!!

Still poor, crap, unconvincing etc., guys???

REALLY?

I know exactly what you mean, but tbh ,we've been crap ,poor and yes ,not very convincing. :P

On the whole it's been a poor game.

But there has also been glimpses of a more composed play, players moving and passing better (in midfield) and players feeling more secure on the ball.

Confidence is high and it shows.

Adomah is a class above.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I know exactly what you mean, but tbh ,we've been crap ,poor and yes ,not very convincing. :P

There's been a couple of decent moves this half and right at the end of the first half, but not a lot to get excited about.