Match Thread: Villa v Ipswich

limpid

Again, can't fault the scoreline but we've been very poor as a team. Adomah, Snodgrass, Onomah all shown some good stuff though. Davis should have put us out of sight, it ìs good he is getting himself in the right places though, he needs a goal maybe to get some confidence back and start bossing defenders like he was a few weeks back.

As a team though we still look like they've only just met other, not that they've all been training together for months.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Told me mate Adomah just scored a nice goal but we’ve been crap and they had a goal wrongly disallowed.

He replied:

”We're crap every week, It's just whether we're crap and score or crap and don't score.”

The good thing is, we are scoring more than we aren't, and winning more than we are not. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Most teams have someone who scores the majority of the goals - Harry Kane being another example.  You take that player and those goals out of the team, the team loses matches and the manager loses his job.

I understand the insinuation of the post, but I think it's disingenuous to make the point about any club that has a player in good form keeping the manager in a job.

It’s just another in a long list of attempts from various posters to remove any credit for good results from the manager. 

If we win the league there will be some reasons why it was all luck and Bruce is shit

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Told me mate Adomah just scored a nice goal but we’ve been crap and they had a goal wrongly disallowed.

He replied:

”We're crap every week, It's just whether we're crap and score or crap and don't score.”

Your mate is full of shit.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

no, i think his mate is bang on the money.

you seriously saying you are enjoying this game?

I am. We’re winning. It’s been pretty ugly so far but i enjoy seeing us win  

But I was mainly referring to his mate saying we are crap every week. We’re not. 

Also his mate said the only difference is whether we score or not. 

We score in almost every game. So that statement is shite as well. 

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

no, i think his mate is bang on the money.

you seriously saying you are enjoying this game?

It's just a fairly average game of football, to me. 

Neither team is really impressing, we've had a few good chances and taken one...

Just feels like hyperbole to me. 

• Like 1

It is true we might be winning, but we are just not convincing winners. We can never control a game and be relaxed we are going to win, far from the mighty Wolves. That's why this team will be shite in the Premiership as we are. Makes me wanna stay on this league and win a few.