Match Thread: Villa v Ipswich

limpid

All this talk of going up. I want us to get promoted, but I'm gonna enjoy us winning in the here and now cause I don't see our first season back being fun.

I think the quality of the Premier League thanks to the influx in money has made it a vastly different beast for teams coming up. Next season regardless of who we sign will likely be a survival mission that we may struggle to achieve.

I look forward to our future playing slick football, winning the league and the champions league, but next season will likely be a massacre where we lose as many as we win (if we're lucky).

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I think Bruce has got us set up in a decent enough shape today.  Some of the most basic passes have been under-hit or behind the runner, though, and you can't blame the manager for that.  It's frustrating to say the least.

I agree.

I'm very much in the camp to get us out of this league any way, style and means possible as soon as possible.

Even when it means winning ugly like this.

'It's just that I fear once again it will not be sustainable playing this way to get that promotion. 

Big gamble relying on moments of brilliance from in form players.

• Like 4