The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Key thing with basketball is its non contact

The point isn’t that the players should be able to play the games, it’s that they should have their minutes managed like they do in basketball instead of managers moaning about the frequency of the games.

They don’t want to take the risk of not winning everything, they’re the ones putting the players ‘welfare’ in danger. The reason they want 5 subs is so they can bench the stars but swap out the whole team if it looks like they might not win. I imagine they’d actually love to have rolling subs like basketball. The last thing English football needs is more rules to make it easier for the top 2 or 3 clubs to win games, it should be their job to manage the risk.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

yes i thought that was shocking, the rangnick comments regarding the league cup. I get that its not as respected anymore, and teams prioritise the league position and FA cup over it, but that is really sad to see. Going to Wembley with Villa to see us in the final against City just before the lockdown last year was exciting and a big deal for most of us villa fans and we had a great day there, going to wembley for like a 6th time in recent seasons. I would hate to see that opportunity taken away from me and other fans just because a new manager dosen't think its worth bothering with

• Like 1

The answer is they take the European teams out of it

If the likes of us and Everton don't go hell for leather for it after that then fair enough call it a day but at the same time if we didn't go hell for leather I'd be fuming

Would mean a new European team every year so they won't allow that to happen 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is a coordinated campaign by the three or four clubs with most money and biggest squads to use Covid to get the rules changed to suit them.

Liverpool are weird; at least City, Utd and Chelsea seem to be aware that they're the bad guys.

I do think Chelsea are the most likeable of the four. They are probaly the team that complains the least and I think they were also reluctant about signing up to the Super League

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wonder how the called off games will play out with Amazon. Will they get a refund or show them when rescheduled which probably wont suit Amazon 

Why wouldn't it suit Amazon? Surely they are better placed to deal with rescheduled games than other broadcasters?

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why wouldn't it suit Amazon? Surely they are better placed to deal with rescheduled games than other broadcasters?

Way I see it these games are lucrative as its an unopposed schedule and clashing with no other leagues

Can't imagine they would be too arsed to show Leeds vs Villa in mid March as a standalone game

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Way I see it these games are lucrative as its an unopposed schedule and clashing with no other leagues

Can't imagine they would be too arsed to show Leeds vs Villa in mid March as a standalone game

Well of course their preference would be for games not to be called off and shown at the expected time. But if a postponement has to happen, Amazon seem just as well suited at dealing with it than anyone else, in particular because 'clashing with something else' isn't a concept that matters to streaming platforms but does to broadcast channels.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

For one offs, they'd obviously want the Christmas games as they're a big deal. However, Amazon aren't exactly short on funds at the moment and this would potentially be a useful barometer for them in seeing what viewing figures they could get from random games from the non fashionable sides. This info would help them in deciding if expanding and competing with Sky /BT for a bigger piece of the pie is worthwhile. 

Â